Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Brainstorming Group

After playing MTT's for almost two years now I've come to the realization that recreational and amateur players of limited resources are at a huge disadvantage going up against the new breed of online players who are eating, sleeping, living and breathing online poker. They are spending untold sums to get better on sophisticated software programs, powerful new computers that can handle them, training resources, coaching etc. If this weren't bad enough they are winning and mercilessly wielding their big fat bankrolls to leave the rest of us in the harsh wake of their hyper-aggressive meta games. Some of them are even cheating.

With this in mind I have decided to take up an initiative to even out the playing field. I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home. I'm seeking up and coming players (low and micro stakes ideally) in the same boat I am; of limited means and resources but spoiling for a fair fight.

Some of the specific issues we'll be exploring include using remote technologies to play on sites that currently prohibit American players and how to acquire the best training materials on the market as inexpensively as possible; I imagine that as a cooperative or syndicate we could gain access to some resources that would be cost prohibitive on an individual basis.

FWIW I play about 30 hours a week, the $3 rebuys mostly. My roll is about $1k and I'm looking to move up to stakes where I can make a decent income on the side. My game has to improve for that to happen.

We would probably AIM conference online weekly and do most of our correspondence by email. This will be a small group to start with, everyone accepted will be a partner. There is no cost.

If you would like to be contacted please post your AIM/MSN/Yahoo screenname in the thread or PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Brainstorming Group

Hey somewhat interested need more info
sn daexman44 on AIM
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Hey man, im def interested. Ive been looking for a group of dedicated guys to discuss this game with. My aim name is MaxPowerAA.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
powerful new computers that can handle them

[/ QUOTE ]

lol are you 60? have you seen how much impre1um makes? I bet his computer is REALLY powerful.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, the domain twoplustwo.com is already taken. Seriously though, aren't you really just asking for an MTT strategy forum like the one you are posting in now?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, the domain twoplustwo.com is already taken. Seriously though, aren't you really just asking for an MTT strategy forum like the one you are posting in now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman
This forum has some excellent posters that know what their talking about but there are also a couple that think they know what they are talking about because they have ft'd a couple 4$ 180. I think that a group of 5-6 people (I have no idea how big of group he’s talking about) that you can trust and are eager to learn/understand poker theory will progress quicker. It will not be an alternative to posting here it will be another resource to complement this site.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 PM

You forgot to mention grizzly bears with laser eyes.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
powerful new computers that can handle them

[/ QUOTE ]

lol are you 60? have you seen how much impre1um makes? I bet his computer is REALLY powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what's out there, I'm not talking about Poker Tracker and Poker Office. And anyway you can't 12-table with a HUD on most machines.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:05 PM

I'll respond as soon as I can to all PM's, a little backed up.