Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Daniel N. BUSTO???

[ QUOTE ]

What is the religion of the President of the United States? The U.S. is farther behind other countries in medical research using stem cells because of what religious group?

People bash Christians because they (we) feel the exact opposite of how you do...that is that Christian beliefs are being too far intruded into our lives.

I hope you're a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I'm not a troll. Just a person who is completely sick and tired of the perpetual Christian bashing.

B) Your logic is about as solid as a pile of horse [censored] after a typhoon. It is entirely fair to criticize or disagree with Christian beliefs, Christian theology or Christian anything. Same with Muslim or even, yes, Jewish (seeing as much of Christianity is predicated on Judiasm) Furthermore, it is entirely understandable that some people may dislike adherents to said Christian beliefs or theologies for those specific reasons. Most "Christian Criticism" isn't rooted in any of these valid reasons, however. It's mindless circle-jerking with a whipping-boy at the center that so happens to be Christians.

If I were to take precisely the same position as the Christian Bashers only focus on, say, Jews, there is absolutely, positively no doubt in my mind that those very same people would be shrieking bloody murder. However, since Christian Bashing has become chic, it goes unchallenged.

I don't care if someone doesn't like Christian beliefs and speaks to that. There are plenty of Christian beliefs that I don't like either... But that isn't what's going on. It's Christian bashing for the sport of it and that is what's pathetic.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't grasp the prevailing philosophy in what I was saying, I probably can't elucidate it any way that would cause you to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though the reality distortion field that you occupy might lead you to think otherwise, there really isn't anything difficult to grasp about the idea that a bunch of Xtians feel currently that their dominance over American social life is now under threat -- even though it isn't true.

Still, at least you can console yourself with the thought that when the rapture comes, (a week next Friday?) your persecutors will all be 'left behind'.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Though the reality distortion field that you occupy might lead you to think otherwise, there really isn't anything difficult to grasp about the idea that a bunch of Xtians feel currently that their dominance over American social life is now under threat -- even though it isn't true.

Still, at least you can console yourself with the thought that when the rapture comes, (a week next Friday?) your persecutors will all be 'left behind'.

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the [censored] does my comment to him regarding social marginalization of certain parties have anything to do with the "point" (<-- LOL) you were trying to convey with that incoherent mess of a post (something about "Xtians" and dominance over social life) ?

Jesus Christ... "Context" really isn't that hard of a thing to appreciate. If you can play poker and stay ahead, you should be able to comprehend the context of written words and follow along accordingly without trailing off on contextually inappropriate and retarded tangents.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 AM

i get landon's message- we should be bashing jews and christians equally.

i tend to agree with him.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, not too sure about that.

I think all religions are a joke, but Christians GENERALLY seem more self righteous and full of themselves about their beliefs. Plus, do jews travel to needy countries and say "Accept Judiasm in your life and we will give you food."?

I'm sick of the whole "Saving me" [censored]. Jews don't try to save me.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM

If there were a God, he would delete this thread.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:46 AM

LandonM is the only person on this thread with a coherent argument.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all religions are a joke, but Christians GENERALLY seem more self righteous and full of themselves about their beliefs. Plus, do jews travel to needy countries and say "Accept Judiasm in your life and we will give you food."?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you should bash them for trying to do good while following their beliefs? I think going to some poor place to educate or feed is better than some extremists that want to kill you because you don't follow their religion.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:53 AM

At first glance, i genuinely thought this was Mel Gibson standing behind him, which would have made this picture awesome.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you should bash them for trying to do good while following their beliefs? I think going to some poor place to educate or feed is better than some extremists that want to kill you because you don't follow their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closed Thread