Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Default the dream thread or: how crazy is your subconscious?

So here's an idea I've had for a bit that I think will make a good on-going thread: post your dream (or what you remember about it) and everyone else will explain to you why it means you want to sleep with your mother.

but seriously: post a dream. other people help you figure out the meaning. you get to realize that you aren't as [censored] up as you thought. around here we call that a win-win situation.

i'll start.

From about the ages of 22-24, I had this recurring dream maybe 20 times. It's a sunny, slightly brisk day and some people (maybe 30ish) are all standing around my grave as they're about to lower the casket into the ground. They're all pretty sad, my parents are crying, etc. I can't really hear what people are saying, other than it's "such a waste" (but i figure that could be said about anyone dying young). The only concrete, consistent thing about the dream is that I'm always 27. (so, yeah, I was a little nervous in the days leading up to my 28th birthday)

that's it. the dream was always really short, but i just kept having it so often that it started to freak me out, like my brain knew something it shouldn't.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: the dream thread or: how crazy is your subconscious?

Okay, I had this a few months ago. Worst dream I've ever had.

I dreamt I was at a water palace thing with my youngest son, who wanted to go down the water slide. I told him to go down one, and I went down the other. But as I slid down, lying down, it got narrower and narrower, and I got stuck. With my arms stuck by my sides. Then I realised the water was getting past me slower than it was pouring down, and it was slowly filling up. I woke up with a huge jump when it got to my mouth. I was sweating.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't really hear what people are saying, other than it's "such a waste" (but i figure that could be said about anyone dying young). The only concrete, consistent thing about the dream is that I'm always 27. (so, yeah, I was a little nervous in the days leading up to my 28th birthday)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pryor, this is probably the most depressing dream I've ever heard of. It makes my dream seem like a walk in the park.

In my recurring dream, I'm being chased by a stranger. It's dark, I'm terrified. I'm running through the streets and trying to scream but no sound comes out. By now the stranger is upon me and I am aware that no sound is emitting from my mouth so I try to scream harder. Still nothing. At this point I just want any sound at all, even a little squeak. But I can't even get a squeak to come out. And I can see myself in my dream.

I have another one that is not scary but is just annoying.
I'm in love with some guy. Things are going great. It's like the world's best dream. I've never felt so fullfilled, so sexy, so in love. I'm feeling amorous and then next thing I know...WHAMO! The guy is no longer a hot guy at all. He is somehow a girl.

Does this ever happen to men?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm in love with some guy. Things are going great. It's like the world's best dream. I've never felt so fullfilled, so sexy, so in love. I'm feeling amorous and then next thing I know...WHAMO! The guy is no longer a hot guy at all. He is somehow a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM

I think I'd strangle myself with the shower curtain if I had that as a recurring dream.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dreamt I was at a water palace thing with my youngest son, who wanted to go down the water slide. I told him to go down one, and I went down the other. But as I slid down, lying down, it got narrower and narrower, and I got stuck. With my arms stuck by my sides. Then I realised the water was getting past me slower than it was pouring down, and it was slowly filling up. I woke up with a huge jump when it got to my mouth. I was sweating.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know nothing about dream interpertation, but here goes.

could this have something to do with feeling overwhelmed by parental responsibilities?

i mean, you're with your son and he's on a separate slide than you, so you're temporarily apart.

and you get stuck because the slide is too small...hmmm...could that be because maybe you think you don't fit someone else's criteria, like that's too narrow?

and almost drowning, i think that generally indicates being overwhelmed by something out of your control.

yeah...the hell if i know...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd strangle myself with the shower curtain if I had that as a recurring dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know nothing about dream interpertation, but here goes.

could this have something to do with feeling overwhelmed by parental responsibilities?

i mean, you're with your son and he's on a separate slide than you, so you're temporarily apart.

and you get stuck because the slide is too small...hmmm...could that be because maybe you think you don't fit someone else's criteria, like that's too narrow?

and almost drowning, i think that generally indicates being overwhelmed by something out of your control.

yeah...the hell if i know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes spot on about the stuff out of my control. I was under the gun for 3 large bills all coming semi-unexpectedly at once when I had this, one for painting my house, one for a holiday, one for a HUGE car service that was $3,500+. I was also having problems in my business with a partner. I take great pride in providing for my family without getting into debt or even ever bothering my wife with financial issues like 'honey, I need to get a loan' after I'd already told her I had it all covered (the car thing was the real problem here), and the only way out of this without getting a loan, and I was quite low about it.

Funnily enough, a few days ater I scored big win in a tourney which covered enough of this so that I didn't need a loan.

Poker is good.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pryor, this is probably the most depressing dream I've ever heard of.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah? well, at least i'm not the only one who found it troubling, so that's something.

[ QUOTE ]

In my recurring dream, I'm being chased by a stranger. It's dark, I'm terrified. I'm running through the streets and trying to scream but no sound comes out. By now the stranger is upon me and I am aware that no sound is emitting from my mouth so I try to scream harder. Still nothing. At this point I just want any sound at all, even a little squeak. But I can't even get a squeak to come out. And I can see myself in my dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure the lack of screaming has something to do with how you see your ability to either communicate with people or make yourself heard. i doubt it's something where you can't scream b/c you're being chased. the chasing probably just exists to set up a scenario where you have to be heard, where your ability to communicate is imperative.

other than that, i don't know.

as for the second dream, maybe there's something Freudian going on there?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 PM

When I was a kid I used to have a recurring nightmare about being caught in a huge volcanic eruption. I mean the kind of thing where a volcano starts out of nothing in a farm field and just gets bigger and bigger and is destroying the whole town. I can remember being just terrified and running from the lava and knowing it was going to get me.

I had this about once a month for a long time.

I do not dream much now, or at least very rarely remember them in the morning. It's odd because when I was younger I remember dreaming very vividly and all the time???