Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default how is this line w/ top 2

Not much read on Villain. He is is 60/0 over 50 hands.

Full Tilt - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $591.10
Hero (BB): $400.00
UTG: $277.60
MP: $215.60
CO: $326.40
BTN: $265.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $4.00, MP calls $4.00, CO calls $4.00, BTN folds, SB calls $2.00, Hero checks

Flop: ($20) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $20.00, 2 folds

Turn: ($60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $60.00</font>, MP calls $60.00

River: ($180) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets all-in for $131.60</font>, Hero calls $131.60

Pot Size: $443.20
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: how is this line w/ top 2

River check/call seems odd. I am guessing villian is pushing K3xx, and AAxx with busted nfd.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:35 PM

i don't think he valueshoves AAxx.. don't like the call as he could easily get there w/ 93xx K3xx and it isn't even all players who bet their busted draws..
Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Thing is, the way hero played the hand screamed top two pair. So, on a river shove aces knows he's ahead. My point was that there are plenty of hands that beat him. I think some river bet may fold out AAxx. K3xx hero cant help.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm not sure I get what you are saying. Do you want to turn the hand into a bluff? He's not folding trip 3s. Yeah he's probably folding AAxx but it's a small part of his range.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM

I really doubt he pushes a busted draw in this spot. Even though you only have 50 hands of stats the 0% pfr should be a huge red flag about how passive this guy plays. I dont think any aggressive player who might make this play would ever go 50 hands without a raise preflop. Up to calling the river I think you played this fine. I really think he has K3 or 93 in this spot. He seems like a bad passive player so those are well within in his range.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM

My point was check call is the worst line to take. Given that villian never raises, aaxx with flush draw is not out of the question. I would check fold rather than check call. But if you even think your opponent is playing aces passively, betting the river may get him to fold that small part of his range.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 PM

hoopster, what was the showdown?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Looks fine.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point was check call is the worst line to take. Given that villian never raises, aaxx with flush draw is not out of the question. I would check fold rather than check call. But if you even think your opponent is playing aces passively, betting the river may get him to fold that small part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting's the worst line to take. Any player bad enough to call down with aces on the flop and turn certainly isn't folding them when the low card pairs on the river. Against a typical player, the standard line would be to check/call as the busted draws will take shots at us a lot and our hand isn't good enough to go for value with.

The problem is the passivity of our opponent. He seems like he's the type of player who likes to chase and then check it down just from his PF stats. However, preflop stats aren't enough to get me to check/fold this getting almost 2.5:1. A lot of players who play passively with their big draws on the flop will still take a shot at the river when it's checked to them. I'd need a specific read that he's straightforwardly passive and doesn't bluff the river when checked to to give this up. Based on the information given, check/call looks like the best play.