View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
true, but put yourself in a position where you are running the company and have to choose between 2 options for a set of customers.

a)remove the freeroll in return for $70/month and unsettle 1/3 of the bunch while making "slightly" happier the rest.

b)keep the freeroll which will make no significant difference to none of the 2 sets, hence no unhappiness for 1 set and no difference for the others.

What would you choose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed.

I'm willing to bet that most of the 1/3 would rather have the bonus than the freeroll. This is based on all of the feedback here.

So would you rather make 1/6 SuperNovas happy or 5/6?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b)keep the freeroll which will make no significant difference to none of the 2 sets

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true.

There are a lot of players upset that they don't get to take part in the promotion. There has been a lot of discussion on here about that.

EDIT to ADD: This is the whole entire reason that Stars is considering exchanging the freerolls for a different promotion. They didn't just come up with it out of the blue! A lot of Novas are complaining.

I'm personally indifferent to the whole thing. I'll play them if they are there but would probably rather have the bonus. Either way it's not that big of a deal to me (as it once was).
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM

A. It isn't even a close call with respect to which is the better business decision. But the topic has been done to death.

The only request I'd make is that if there is going to be any change to concierge or the bonus coupons then players should be told by late December or if not told till Jan 1 then any changes should be grandfathered till Jan 15.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A. It isn't even a close call with respect to which is the better business decision. But the topic has been done to death.

The only request I'd make is that if there is going to be any change to concierge or the bonus coupons then players should be told by late December or if not told till Jan 1 then any changes should be grandfathered till Jan 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bonuses are staying. Stars updated their web page and removed the "valid until December" disclaimer.

I wouldn't assume the concierge service is going anywhere either.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Scottyy has already pointed out that they removed the "Dec 31" language from the site on the points-for-cash bonus-coupons. So those don't appear to be going away anytime soon and maybe they are now considered to be a 'permanent' fixture in that they are doing away with that "reviewing on such-and-such date" language.

I don't think they will make any drastic changes to the concierge service that would be so bad as to freak-out or alienate the SN's. It just wouldn't make sense and I'm not really worried about it.

on the happy-hours stuff - Of course I would love it and would play a ton during those hours as much as I could. Kind of different than the freeroll time-commitment thing Scottyy but I don't have enough caffeine in me yet to try to figure out exactly why nor is it really that pressing that I girue it out anyway.
If Stars did this I think that would be great for a lot of the points grinders and I think you would get a lot of Silver and gold type players really cranking out the hours during these times too to get the extra points. Whether that would just be a matter of some of the players adjusting their schedules to play at 10a-12p when it's bonus-points instead of 2p-4p when it isn't I'm not sure. It might not really have any impact on the overall volume of play...just bring more people from one time-slot to another.
Even if the incentivee keeps people playing longer and more tables during that time when they would otherwise quit I do think right at the end of happy-hour you will see a zillion players all leave the tables at once and a lot of tables break. Stars really doesn't want that of course.

Overall I think the idea would be great for me personally. But I'm mostly neutral about it overall in that I don't know if begging Stars to just give us more stuff is going to make a difference anyway.

Not really sure how I feel about the 3x VPP increased-rake thing. Mostly neutral about this also and am not entirely certain whether it would be that good OR bad.
I do worry it could drain the players' funds faster.
One thing I do know is that it is NOT something that would only be attractive to SN's. There would be plenty of low-level players who would jump into these games in an attempt to reach Silver or Gold for the freerolls or whatever else. I think a lot of you guys underestimate how many lower-volume players actually care about getting to the next VIP level and really set goals of making it to Gold by the end of the month, etc.
Now whether the SN's would vastly outnumber the Golds more significantly on these tables I'm not sure. But the lower-volume players do care about points and VIP-ness also. Perhaps more than they should since they don't get THAT much.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Apologies if I didn't make myself clear but the notion here, and I could possibly refer this to some studies that have been carried out in the past, is that any company would prefer keeping their customers at the current level than unsettling any of them in return for giving something extra to the majority.

The influence on the players loosing value will have a bigger impact than the influence on the players gaining something minimally extra, whatever the numbers are.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*snipped standard OLP drivel*

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, you're beginning to bore me. The amusement factor is wearing thin and it may be time for a timeout.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 PM

sethy - since this is a more serious thread to trot out the SN ideas and not yap on about whether Stars is rigged or not I do agree.
However, most seem to be ignoring him in this thread anyway.
We seem to be doing okay staying on track.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One day a week(month?) Pokerstars should say that they will be having a double VPP day. But dont tell anyone that day and then everyone will play a lot that whole week. Pokerstars will get a lot of rake and on the day after the double VPP day a lot of players will wake up to a nice surprise. eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, that would be brilliant. I doubt they do that tho

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on Stars, but this is actually a VERY good idea. Once a month, they run this promotion without notifying the players. The regulars will play more each day so they don't miss the opportunity. Seems like a great spot for Stars. I'm thinking about switching from Tilt to Stars in January when I get back from Europe and I would love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was thinking about this a little more and it truly is brilliant. The regs would play so much more everyday, or at least make sure not to miss a day, simply because they wouldnt want to miss out on that 2x bonus.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One day a week(month?) Pokerstars should say that they will be having a double VPP day. But dont tell anyone that day and then everyone will play a lot that whole week. Pokerstars will get a lot of rake and on the day after the double VPP day a lot of players will wake up to a nice surprise. eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, that would be brilliant. I doubt they do that tho

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on Stars, but this is actually a VERY good idea. Once a month, they run this promotion without notifying the players. The regulars will play more each day so they don't miss the opportunity. Seems like a great spot for Stars. I'm thinking about switching from Tilt to Stars in January when I get back from Europe and I would love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was thinking about this a little more and it truly is brilliant. The regs would play so much more everyday, or at least make sure not to miss a day, simply because they wouldnt want to miss out on that 2x bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
It needs to be more restricted then any day in a month, regulars wont play much more every day for double points one day. Think its a brilliant idea if its done as something like a secret bonus day within mon-Fri or one monday in a month or 6 hours during a day...