Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

How hard is this to understand? Why should you and I care? Someone got their account hacked at that person took dumped $140,000 to another account. I'm not worried about that person withdrawing that money, but instead that that person takes that money to another short-handed table with guys he's working with mixed with genuine honest players, and proceeds to dump blindly. Even if only ~80k goes to the guys you're working with, that's a huge score. And if you make it look somewhat legit (ie dumping indescriminately, tons of PF raising, 3 betting, psycho-aggro) there is no way a site can figure out who's honest and who's not. And a site especially doesn't want to have to tell one of its high stake regs that he didn't win the $20,000 that he thought he just did because of fraud.

That's why all of this matters. More than likely someone got hacked, and if the hacker is intelligent at all, a scenario like this one could easily play out. In this case, something would need to be done immediately. What if it was you? HS players need to protect themselves...and any effort can help.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM

I take it that those who believe in the "Stop Snitching" credo would have no problem living in a crime ridden neighborhood where many of the residents believe in the same thing.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:54 PM

I am suprised people still play at Ongame. The site is notorious for locking up accounts. Even worse the support at Ongame is by far the worst in the poker world. The live support they offer is out sourced and the representatives have close to o authority. When there is any kind of major issue the support must then contact Ongame, Ongame then directs the email to the correct department. Then the email is sent back down the chain of command to support and finally back to you. Don't get me wrong, the software is great, but the business model is horrible.

Be very careful when you play at ongame.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it that those who believe in the "Stop Snitching" credo would have no problem living in a crime ridden neighborhood where many of the residents believe in the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

Every time Nick Rivers talks, a brain cell slits its wrist.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

Every time Nick Rivers talks, a brain cell slits its wrist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sad that such a good screen name and avatar (Nick Rivers) was wasted on such a dolt.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 AM

I see, so people can merely launch ad hominem and can't actually make a logical point via a well-constructed argument. Face it, I'm completely right in my comparison of chip dumping and site-approved transfers. They both have the same vulnerabilities, and if you are in favor of one, it is illogical to be opposed to the other based on the arguments given thus far in this thread for why chip dumpers should be snitched out. People dump chips at OnGame because transfers of large sums of money there are impossible. If these two people could have just transferred the money the way you can do at other sites, I'm sure they would have done that instead of dumping.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 AM

Put it this way N.R -

If I wanted to:

- buy a bomb
- buy a [censored]-load of drugs / guns whatever
- Pay a large bung / bribe

etc etc

What do you think the easiest way for me to do this would be without my bank or the other party's bank getting suspicious?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:16 AM

Nick, I don’t know if you really are as dumb as you are making out or are merely playing devil’s advocate for the sake of it.

99.9% of chip dumping is money laundering. Illegally obtained funds are transferred around from player to player until the dumping is so complex you cannot trace who has legally or illegally ended up with the money. The “dirty” money is laundered until it is “clean”. Hence the term “money laundering”.

Most of money laundering activity involves drugs, prostitution and most dangerously of all terrorism. It is the duty of every law abiding citizen to report suspicious activity so it can be investigated fully.

There will be odd occasions where 2 friends are just trying to find an easy way of transferring money from one to another. It may take a little bit longer to do it through “normal” channels but that is an unfortunate side effect of criminal activity.

Please stop trying to defend the undefendable. You are making yourself look incredibly stupid. All posts are welcome but please engage brain before writing again.