Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Question and Survey About Gardening/Landscaping

FL,

I thought chives where just the green part of the onion. You mentioned you have chives in your garden. Fill me in.

RJT
Old 06-27-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FL,

I thought chives where just the green part of the onion. You mentioned you have chives in your garden. Fill me in.

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]
Chives
Onions
Scallions

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Felicia, next time you're in Vegas you HAVE to come to my house and help me figure out how to xeriscape my backyard! You don't have to get your hands dirty or anything, just tell me what to do and how to do it! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just got back last night. What a madhouse!!! I'll never be able to tolerate playing in the main event. I hope Party can fix this. If not, I'll complain to every media person I know (I know most of them), and whine on camera how Party forced a person with cancer to play even though her husband won the seat and he was only following "their rules" with the one account per household thing when we signed up, lol.

PS: I'll be happy to help you out.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:53 AM

Great story! Thanks, Myrt!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Felicia, next time you're in Vegas you HAVE to come to my house and help me figure out how to xeriscape my backyard! You don't have to get your hands dirty or anything, just tell me what to do and how to do it! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just got back last night. What a madhouse!!! I'll never be able to tolerate playing in the main event. I hope Party can fix this. If not, I'll complain to every media person I know (I know most of them), and whine on camera how Party forced a person with cancer to play even though her husband won the seat and he was only following "their rules" with the one account per household thing when we signed up, lol.

PS: I'll be happy to help you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I say ride the cancer bus as long as you can. Make it be good for something! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 AM

My veggies are doing great. We were getting so much lettuce there for a while we could hardly keep up. It's on its way out now, so I have to think what to do with the space that is opening up. My tomato plants are about 7 ft. tall now and all of them have plenty of unripe fruit on them. It won't be long now. The pepper plants are flowering and the herbs are doing great.

I haven't had any time to solve my lawn problem in the back and now the temps have skyrocketed. Not really a great time to seed. I missed the window of opportunity. I don't know if I can stand it the way it is though for the whole summer. Dirt, brown grass, and weeds. Lovely. It's just a large rectangular patch in the back, but that's really the open space of the yard not occupied by trees, patio, or pool. It's where our son would play if I could only get some green on it. I dropped the ball there.

The exciting news is that our treehouse project is underway. I really didn't think it was going to happen, but over Father's Day weekend we got the two main support beams up there, and since then we framed the floor and got that in place. It's 10 ft. up in the air and the finished dimensions will be 6'x8'. The thought was big enough for the three of us to sit up there comfortably. We're taking a break while my husband reconsiders the design plan. He's trying to figure the best way to get up there, ladders, trap doors, steps, that sort of thing. So far so good!

I would love to hear about other people's treehouse experiences, whether it be building them or playing in them as a kid, if it's o.k. with Felicia post here. If not, PM me.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My veggies are doing great. We were getting so much lettuce there for a while we could hardly keep up. It's on its way out now, so I have to think what to do with the space that is opening up. My tomato plants are about 7 ft. tall now and all of them have plenty of unripe fruit on them. It won't be long now. The pepper plants are flowering and the herbs are doing great.

I haven't had any time to solve my lawn problem in the back and now the temps have skyrocketed. Not really a great time to seed. I missed the window of opportunity. I don't know if I can stand it the way it is though for the whole summer. Dirt, brown grass, and weeds. Lovely. It's just a large rectangular patch in the back, but that's really the open space of the yard not occupied by trees, patio, or pool. It's where our son would play if I could only get some green on it. I dropped the ball there.

The exciting news is that our treehouse project is underway. I really didn't think it was going to happen, but over Father's Day weekend we got the two main support beams up there, and since then we framed the floor and got that in place. It's 10 ft. up in the air and the finished dimensions will be 6'x8'. The thought was big enough for the three of us to sit up there comfortably. We're taking a break while my husband reconsiders the design plan. He's trying to figure the best way to get up there, ladders, trap doors, steps, that sort of thing. So far so good!

I would love to hear about other people's treehouse experiences, whether it be building them or playing in them as a kid, if it's o.k. with Felicia post here. If not, PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

....one bit of quick advice on the treehouse:

Try to avoid trap doors in the floor if you possibly can.

They can be very dangerous....all it takes is one forgetfull mis-step.....
Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FL,

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]
Chives
Onions
Scallions

[/ QUOTE ]
When we moved into our house 2 years ago, wild chives were ravaging out lawn so bad I would almost tear up while mowing. Now that we have rid ourselves of them, I just can't stomach the thought of intentionally trying to grow them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

With all the rain up nere in the NE, our tomatoes plants are getting awfully big though... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FL,

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]
Chives
Onions
Scallions

[/ QUOTE ]
When we moved into our house 2 years ago, wild chives were ravaging out lawn so bad I would almost tear up while mowing. Now that we have rid ourselves of them, I just can't stomach the thought of intentionally trying to grow them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

With all the rain up nere in the NE, our tomatoes plants are getting awfully big though... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dc.....got out back early before work this morning trying to get part of the lawn mowed before it started raining.

Got stuck 4 times in the lawn/mud in 20 minutes.....thankfully, I have a big tractor to pull the small one out with!!

Then...it started raining again.....geezez!!

Anyhow, rain or no-rain, I'm into Fenway tonight to see Pedro!!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FL,

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]
Chives
Onions
Scallions

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dc.....got out back early before work this morning trying to get part of the lawn mowed before it started raining.

Got stuck 4 times in the lawn/mud in 20 minutes.....thankfully, I have a big tractor to pull the small one out with!!

Then...it started raining again.....geezez!!

Anyhow, rain or no-rain, I'm into Fenway tonight to see Pedro!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope he throws 8 shutout innings and gets a no decision when Papi does his walkoff thing... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]