Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Default 75 day challenge into single digit bodyfat %

Well, I've lost the first 30lbs since my year in vegas...went from 205 to 175 in about 4 months time...very happy with that. Did this using a low cal high protein diet and daily morning cardio for 90min. Some lifting in there.

Now its time to get serious and trim bf% to new heights (lower heights i guess). I'm a 34-35 waist size and want to get back to 30-31. I also want to get my abs and cuts back and increase the look of vasculatiry throughout my body from my arms to my stomach.

Contemplated taking a 16 week cycle of cutting steroids but I think I'll go natural instead.

Gonna be eating the same exact thing everyday (oatmeal, metrx bars, chicken/brown-rice, protein shakes) and reducing caloric intake as I lose weight. 5 day/week...lifting + cardio in evenings along with a 2nd workout daily of cardio and ab routine in the mornings.

I'll track progress and post pics once I'm complete. I have pics from 205lb to 175 lb and really there isn't much difference definition wise, just losing bf.

Hopefully by the end of this there will be 75 replies all by me and I'll have all the progress documented. I'm gonna do food journal, lifting journal and have my lipids tested monthly. Also gonna try to not drink any beer in this time. Only bicardi and diets when I go out.

I'm also beginning training for a Sept triathalon at the same time (.9mile swim, 18mile bike, 6mile run)

wish me luck fckers
Old 03-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: 75 day challenge into single digit bodyfat %

good luck. how many more pounds of fat do you think you need to lose?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck. how many more pounds of fat do you think you need to lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

20-30

I'll re-evaluate after 20 but I think it might be closer to 30...I can increase cals and lift heavy after I get the weight down. I have good genetics and my body changes pretty quick so it's easy for me to get bigger and stongers if I take in 2500cals and lift hard everyday.

At this point though I'm more concerned about cardiovascular exercise. MY cholesterol is 161 which isn't bad according to the doc but I'd like it to be lower and under 150. I'm gonna take the advice of the posters in my other thread and I started interval training yesterday for running long distances. Overall I'm just gonna stay on the bike/treadmill/pool and do only core exercises when I lift (deadlift/benchpress/lat pull-down/squats/dips/chin-ups/pushups/etc.)
Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM

4 days at it now

diet is pretty solid...oatmel/metrx bars/protein shakes/chicken and brown rice is pretty much all I'm eating

been doing lifting daily but only core exercises, no isolation work.

also running 2 miles/day interval style...will weigh myself tomorrow to see but my body is wierd and I'm already feeling changes.

also gonna do a 5 mile run this saturday and sunday?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM

When u were really cutting weight how many cals and how many grams of protein were u averaging

Also it looks like you had no vegetables at all?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 PM

You should vary your diet from day-to-day if possible. Eating the same thing every day isn't very good for you.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When u were really cutting weight how many cals and how many grams of protein were u averaging

Also it looks like you had no vegetables at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

i eat carrots and celery for snacks but I do need to add more veggies you're right.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know, I was eating very clean and also was doing cardio 90min in the morning right after I woke up...unfortunately I don't have the time now to do that.

[ QUOTE ]
You should vary your diet from day-to-day if possible. Eating the same thing every day isn't very good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have one cheat day a week but I really feel that eating the same thing puts me in a schedule and gets me used to doing stuff...does that make sense?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you expand upon this point kyleb?

I often eat the same thing day after day after day.... I likes what I likes

Is this unhealthy if it has the mix of fats, carbs, and proteins I'm looking to eat.

I've heard something about how the body needs changes to diet, just as it needs changes to workout regiments. I thought it was hogwash....was I wrong?

Looking forward to what else you have to say

OP,
sorry for the hijack. I wish you luck in your quest.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:08 PM

MT2R,

It'll be the same foods, but you can rotate combinations etc. Many pro athletes etc eat some of the same meals every day consistently but with large variety. Like take a avg 8 meal per day workout. Meals on workout days that could be the exact same every day include.

Breakfast
Pre Workout
Post workout
Snack
Shake

With really no deleterious effects. Pre/Post will be the same for everyone almost every day, I think what Kyleb was more getting at is that you should have a complete diet that covers all nutritional bases. If you are only eating 15-20 different fruits and vegetables, but consume each atleast once a week that would be fine. But eating the same small selection every day would not be.

This post is pretty scattered and nonsensical. Ask questions to clarify.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:16 PM

so, if I only eat apples, oranges, bananas, berry mixes (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries), and avocados as fruit, it's no good.
I have a serving of each on a daily basis, except for my cheat day.
I take a multi-vitamin and just figured that covered any fruits I'm missing out on.

ok, fruit was a bad example. I eat less veggies. Pretty much some spinach leaves on sandwiches and some broccoli and bell peppers with my chicken and brown rice.....No good?