Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Tough Spot w/ QQ in Blinds (10/20)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm off now to put some gel in my thick head of hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ZING!

OP, don't listen to them. This might seem standard to some players, but it gave you problems so you posted it here. This is the whole point of the forum. They guys who are giving you a hard time about this hand are jerks.

I would fire again on the turn. I think it will fold the majority of kings. Villain might have called with
77 thinking that you had AQ, AJ, etc. Fire again, if you check you are giving him a chance to take it away from you. If he calls the turn, then I check-fold the river usually

It is a little dependant on how often you have been raising the sb as well and the dynamic you have been having with previous BB vs SB hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone bets or checks or calls, it doesn't change the cards in their hand. I think betting the turn is a mistake. We are now betting turn as a bluff against two overs oop against a dumb player? That is dumb. Check/fold as a standard line on the turn, or check call if you think you have a read on bet sizing. Firing the turn again turns QQ into nothing. You have second and a half pair (I just made that up). If you had 67 here i dont think you ever bet again. Treat it like 67 and play from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

irockhoes,

I think my line here goes:

Sometimes bet the turn. When I check, sometimes raise a bet and usually fold, very rarely call.

The posters of this forum won't follow, but OP posts on other forums and is one of the biggest life tards imagineable. He also completely wrecks forums. I'm not gonna post anything else cuz this is HSNL and I don't want to hijak any threads with drama crap, but this guy is totally retarded. Also, his jokes are also possibly the worst I have ever seen in my life. So he should at least give us the respect of posting a good hand in a clean thread and leave the dumb "OMG loL@ FYI RESULTS HAHA I WIN" results oriented, self appeasing BS out of it in the future- then I'd have no problem leaving it alone.

fyi 22/17 will always win =P

That is all.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:16 PM

ZOMG HOW CAN HE HAVE A KING ON A DRY RAINBOW FLOP AND NOT RAISE DOES NOT COMPUTE??????
Old 06-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Also Jeff lol because he idolized you in his videos and you are laying the smack down.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Wait, weren't you the guy who got banned from that "other board" at least twice and quit CR b/c u were afraid SBrugby would be more popular than u were? Right, I'm the guy that wrecks communities.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

This guy has 22 posts in almost a year, and some of you bash him when he makes a strat post? The hand may not be the most interesting, but he is obviously trying to learn cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe its because people who have 22 posts and who don't regularly play high stakes aren't supposed to post in HSNL- and when they do, they are expected to post hands that don't suck, and not spazz out and retaliate when people critisize their play. This type of post is way too frequent nowadays. Where did the forum we all learned to play 22/17 from go? lol

srsly

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Go back to the swingset. FTR, it says nowhere in the HSNL sticky, nor is it the commmon consensus that this type of hand shouldn't be in HSNL.

I agree that it's a relatively simple spot that has a couple different lines, but instead of offering a line to OP or a definitive answer, you trolled the thread with elitist bull [censored] then tried to defend it by saying OP retaliated and spazzed out, which, he didn't.

I dunno if I should make such bold statements to a guy who works out 2-3 hours a day on the jungle gym, i'd hate to get a stats request for a ten kay yo invite.

All,

This thread is a far cry from some of the [censored] threads that show up in HSNL. This thread isn't worthy of 10 pages of strat discussion, but it's not deserving of ActionJack's response, either.

OP-

I'd lead the turn, and usually fold to a raise. A lot of players will float you here then bet the turn when checked to expecting you to give up. I'd have to have a lot of specific history with someone to check/call the turn and (probably) check/call the river.

-Tex
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, weren't you the guy who got banned from that "other board" at least twice and quit CR b/c u were afraid SBrugby would be more popular than u were? Right, I'm the guy that wrecks communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit CR because I was making too much money for it to be worth my time when they wouldn't sell me a % of the company- and I was self-banned from pocketfives, I stopped posting there because of retarded people like you.

classic mkind post for the amusement of this forum:

'm out. Ran just like any other tournament I've ever played. Got moved to a new table and proceeded to get raised everytime I entered a pot. For 6 hours, I was dealt exactly 1 pocket pair (QQ, which managed to be the one hand where I stole the blinds without resistance), 1 AK, and 1 AQ (the laktter 2 both missed the flop and both got check/raised on the flop). I was getting very short because I absolutely could not get a hand to save my life. On the 2nd to last hand of play, Chris Bell raised to 3700 UTG, 2 players called behind him, and I squeezed AI for 25k w/ T8h in the sb. Bell folded (he later told me he had AQ), the 2nd guy folded, but the 3rd guy called w/ AKo. Yep, his AK wasn't good enough to re-raise Chris but it sure was enough to call my push when I hadn't played a pot in 5 orbits. The flop came 3h-6-7h. I don't even need to explain that I obviously missed everything because I suck at life. My one big chance, and I blew it again. Add it to the story of my life. I quit poker tournaments.

You can all go back to not giving a [censored] about me again. But dont fret guys, Action Jeff is still in. Maybe if he wins something, he could make a video for this site (assuming he's not too busy doing nothing) -- preferably one not about how fantastic he is despite looking like a complete tool.

You can put me on the Terrell Owens watch again.

more goodness:

Earlier today, I was intentionally slowrolled by Andy McLeod. I won't get into a rant on why Andy is the biggest lucksack on earth and would be nothing if he wasn't blessed by god himself. Instead, I'll talk about what a complete douchebag this kid is. I like to compare him to the internet version of Jamie Gold. The kid has let a few wins go to his head and he is now a complete [censored] to anybody not up to "his level". His arrogance is absolutely repulsive. And only his closest friends can stand talking to him.

I'm asking any Cardrunners member who plays with Andy (Brad Johnson on UB; the Fat fish on FTP) from here on in to slowroll the [censored] out of this [censored] any chance they get. Please save the hand history (and any chat he may give) and post it here. I will give a reward to everyone who does this. Thank you.

I can think of mkind explaining how no one is good at HU but its very swingy; once he lost $13k to some guy playing HU 10-25 because the guy kept 3-betting him like an idiot and sucking out (I believe it was Samo btw, lol).

There was also Mkind playing online poker at PCA, where he stood up and looked at belowabove's screen while he was in a hand with him- then lied about his hole cards in the ensuing p5s thread despite the players around him (zangbezan and others) professing that they saw he had 7 high. Classy.

I can think of mkind trashing me then lamenting Annette_15 not liking him in Aruba. Lol, that was a great one, I couldn't believe that when I read it. In fact I can find it:

4. I have an incredible support base. My parents are terrific people who stand by my every move. After being completely against poker a few months ago, both have given me their blessings to go all the way with this, and both believe in me. I had a ton of people from back home who were also following my every move yesterday. I think this is certainly +ev in the long run.

5. On a more negative note, I'm quite certain Annette does not exactly endear herself to me. I think she's more interested in every other guy on this island but me.

Wow. This guy is such a joke, LOL. I can't believe CR ever hired you, you are such an embaressment in every way.

You want to go on dude? I'm gonna be at Turning Stone, and you've got about a year of [censored] to pay up for, so I wouldn't push it if I was you, loser.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

This guy has 22 posts in almost a year, and some of you bash him when he makes a strat post? The hand may not be the most interesting, but he is obviously trying to learn cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe its because people who have 22 posts and who don't regularly play high stakes aren't supposed to post in HSNL- and when they do, they are expected to post hands that don't suck, and not spazz out and retaliate when people critisize their play. This type of post is way too frequent nowadays. Where did the forum we all learned to play 22/17 from go? lol

srsly

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Go back to the swingset. FTR, it says nowhere in the HSNL sticky, nor is it the commmon consensus that this type of hand shouldn't be in HSNL.

I agree that it's a relatively simple spot that has a couple different lines, but instead of offering a line to OP or a definitive answer, you trolled the thread with elitist bull [censored] then tried to defend it by saying OP retaliated and spazzed out, which, he didn't.

I dunno if I should make such bold statements to a guy who works out 2-3 hours a day on the jungle gym, i'd hate to get a stats request for a ten kay yo invite.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be an [censored] You're second point is reasonable. Calling me an idiot is just stupid, this is a poker forum, I'm better than you at poker, I contribute more meaningful posts to this forum, and I'm almost certainly a lot smarter than you. So just shut up with the BS and save it for NVG or w/e.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 PM

i agree tex. this is a far more intersting post than "how to get money in with second nuts" which for some unknown reason seems to be garnering tons of "high level" strat discussion.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be an [censored] You're second point is reasonable. Calling me an idiot is just stupid, this is a poker forum, I'm better than you at poker, I contribute more meaningful posts to this forum, and I'm almost certainly a lot smarter than you. So just shut up with the BS and save it for NVG or w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]

ActionJack displays his keen intelligence in this thread.

And is obviously better than me at poker:

Seat 1: MYNMSGREG ($1960 in chips)
Seat 2: cts687 ($2060 in chips)
Seat 3: Empire2000 ($3441.05 in chips)
Seat 4: ActionJeff ($1970 in chips)
Seat 5: yellowsub86 ($10085.85 in chips)
Seat 6: Festivuss ($3781 in chips)
cts687: posts small blind $10
Empire2000: posts big blind $20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MYNMSGREG [Ad Jh]
ActionJeff: raises $50 to $70
yellowsub86: folds
Festivuss: folds
MYNMSGREG: raises $185 to $255
cts687: folds
Empire2000: folds
ActionJeff: raises $1715 to $1970 and is all-in
MYNMSGREG: calls $1705 and is all-in

ActionJeff: shows [8s As]

And let's not forget this quote:

[ QUOTE ]
u should change ur mind about going to turning stone, im gonna beat ur ass so bad and then take pics for the 2p2 community in a thread titled "don't [censored] with me"

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff.

Jeff, just don't be a meany-head, k? Thx!

<font color="white"> you're still an idiot, though </font>
Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 PM

O NOES I OVERBET BLUFFED PF OMG

u sux

edit- and the swing is the future of fitness, gotta catch the revolution before it starts