Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Uh, someones overracting a bit. I made a little comment about it, but then I had to elaborate for Teso who did not understand what I was referring to.

If you read my post I clearly state that they still have plenty of time to make the main goal of 12 million, but I just explained to him that they did in fact did not reach their first sub-goal, and that they have gone from displaying monthly donations to quarterly.

Dont worry, I did not say anything bad about Ron Paul nor that I wish they do not meet their goal.

If you think I made this sound like some sort of conspiracy then you are reading my posts quite differently than I intended them to sound.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Ya ya, I'm an idiot. There are so many crackpots on here that sometimes I just assume people have the worst intentions and will twist anything to try to make ridiculous arguments against RP, and I guess I read too much into your posts.

You're all right, you didn't say anything that was trollish. That "someone/something" post was just weird, and I wasn't really sure what you were trying to get at other than needlessly detract from the conversation.

I do think it's quite obvious why they would change their approach, but sorry for the over reaction.

Let's be friends.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM

His something something post was in response to mine.

It does seem pretty clear that changing the goal graphic from 4 MSomethings had less to do with not looking stupid than it did with having blown through that goal (or about to have blown through it when they changed the graphic last night, which was literally about 5 minutes after I something somethinged).
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That "someone/something" post was just weird, and I wasn't really sure what you were trying to get at other than needlessly detract from the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that something-post was just a reaction to some other posts made by Borodog and Zero that confused Teso, so I just took it a bit further. Im not sure why there was so many "somethigs" though, first I thought that Boro was afraid of talking about the topic since that donation-thread was locked, but now Im not so sure.

But something is definatly happening [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And that they have changed how they display their donations is fine by me. While Im not totally sure about how I feel about Ron Paul I certainly want him to be in the race for a while, as he brings ideas and apporaches to the debate that is quite different than the norm.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His something something post was in response to mine.

It does seem pretty clear that changing the goal graphic from 4 MSomethings had less to do with not looking stupid than it did with having blown through that goal (or about to have blown through it when they changed the graphic last night, which was literally about 5 minutes after I something somethinged).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, I totally missed that part of the thread. I'm looking at it now.

I thought he just entered with the something something post, and totally misunderstood what he was suggesting.

I really am sorry for my impulsive stupidity, bed.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM

I thought the first one was a typo. It's tAso.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be to anal on the graph issue, but they have not blown through it in any way have they? They did not meet the goal for October, but the graph was there until late yesterday or something. Then in stead of counting for
November alone they decided to just combine the numbers. Had they displayed a new November graph just like the October graph it would have been at about 1,5 million somethings by now, no?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really am sorry for my impulsive stupidity, bed. This is a good lesson in why reading the threads you are responding to is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM

You also have to remember that a lot of people were saving their usual end of October donation for today and they didn't add offline donations from the last week of October until today. So we don't know where they would have been had everyone donated normally. Anyway, the more important goal is the $12 million don't you agree?

Now passing $4.5 million!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM

So if I'm not mistaken, once we hit 4.8 million, we would have passed $2 million on the day, correct?