Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

Ok so I will post more about this later - I felt the game slightly favored the village but it wasn't bad and we had a couple of real chances to win. Especially if we lynch Chuckles instead of TFG the night I was trying to bury him I think we win in a walk

That said I really believe that neither side deserved to win and neither side played especially well but both sides did some very good specific things. Stephen I thought was great all game and Fort did very well until endgame I believe (but endgame as a first time wolf is painfully hard).

Great job by the village at must lynch and in general near the end - you avoided the really painful bad lynch to lose it for you which doesn't always happen.

TY Sighing it was fun and a really good game
Old 04-28-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW,

I take credit for the awesome Dustin lynch

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2007, 01:01 PM

The one move I didn't like by our team was killing Chuckles. I kill FCBL all day, leaving the assumption that the next one to go is FortFun. Then next round is must lynch. If Stephen dies then you can kill anyone you want, if he doesn't then the game is over. I felt like avoiding killing either FCBL or Fort pointed to one of them as the Godfather.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one move I didn't like by our team was killing Chuckles. I kill FCBL all day, leaving the assumption that the next one to go is FortFun. Then next round is must lynch. If Stephen dies then you can kill anyone you want, if he doesn't then the game is over. I felt like avoiding killing either FCBL or Fort pointed to one of them as the Godfather.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. As soon as I did not die, I knew Fort Fun had to be the godfather. I just needed to make sure I was able to convince FMX that it was not the other way around.

I completely expected to die before Nez/Jack, and especially expected to die after that.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Wow, how did we lose [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If all the people playing had put this much effort into actually playing, that would've changed the game quite a bit.

There were some people who put a lot of effort into it, but there were a number who didn't. Why is this thread only exploding with content after the game ends?

I'm not really going to rush out and do another one of these.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. I think overall (not giving names etc.) village played this game quite badly and lazy. There is like 0% zurvan should get lynched twice for example. He gave all the reasons why this was so horrible by village in thread already.
Herbie, I think you played very well in the end but with the way village played this game I would have but way more emphasis on emotion than on logic. I felt like a couple of the villagers that were still alive had a feeling of "i'm kind of sad i helped lynch so many villagers" so I would have pushed the "wow, another lynch like zurvan" pretty hard.

p.s.: I think i played pretty badly and I think that Mark actually played extremly well. He might have been close to 100% wrong but at least he put up reasonable arguments, was willing to reevaluate new informationetc. wich cannot be said about every villager.

p.p.s.: Amazing job sigh just ignore the nay sayers. Who cares if it's really 100% balanced, we had a pretty good shot I think.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Sighing - I agree with your comments about lack of participation. I also believe that we should have won this game and any complaints about balance are silly - I can think of 3-4 different spots where we could have won this game and unfortunately for us villagers made good decisions in key spots. VR is the perfect example - she wasn't right much this game but she was right a couple of times when it counted. I also don't think we played exceptionally well as a team - I don't blame balance issues for us losing this game at all.

F the haters - I love the games you run and would gladly play in another and anyone complaining about balance after the fact (especially if you didn't play) should STFU
Old 04-28-2007, 05:00 PM

What he said.

p.s.: Has there ever been a "wolves get the power role list and get to chose who plays which role night 0" implemented?
I think this could be an interesting idea.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my plan all the way until it came time to do it. Then I realized I was dead no matter what and I was trying to plan for an endgame we could win.
I thought the only chance was to get FCBL lynched as godfather - i didn't think chuckles, fmxda, or jeremy gets lynched. So we had to leave him alive. I found a few things from day 1/2 that could be considered leaning him to godfather, but we never got that out in the open. I forget what they were now. I think something about Herbie saying to peek FCBL or calling FCBL a "plain villager" - as if he knew he would come up plain village because he was the godfather or something like that. Would have been nice. Turns out wolves never actually say things like that, but villagers always fear they did. Good stuff.
Plus, chuckles said it himself - he was exactly as clear as FF and FCBL. he was peeked as Not Witchking, which is all FF and FCBL were at that point. But I couldn't get anyone in the must lynch rounds to talk so I couldn't explain it without also saying "HI I'M A WOLF THIS IS WHY I ATE HIM"

I felt like the last two days everything fell apart on me and I couldn't stop it. What a disaster.
Maybe if we kill FCBL, then I continue to hammer Jeremy, either Jeremy gets lynched, or I do, jeremy is nightkilled, maybe fmxda votes chuckles? still seems unlikely *sigh*

I couldn't figure out how to win...everyone left was obvious villager (point for the "obvious villagering" team vs the "FPS" team).
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Oh yea; balance seemed fine when playing. I felt like we got some villager lynches the village shouldn't have let happen, but they village pulled it together when it mattered.
The mouth role was highly interesting. I wish we'd talked more about how to use it; it was quite a challenge.

Honestly, when I claimed books "gave away two villagers", he really had. I said what I did as a caution, and to help clear me, and in the hopes that no one would believe it (we lynched mark anyways YAY). But it was a hard, hard role to play well. Kudos to Books and Herbie for outstanding wolfing this game.