Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: beat: car shopping

[ QUOTE ]
Audis are very expensive to fix, and I've heard they aren't as reliable as some of their German counterparts.

I'd suggest something like a BMW 330xi, or even a Subaru WRX or Legacy. All three are AWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Audis are expensive to fix but BMWs aren't? My friend has a new 5 series and has had to take his brand new beemer in 7 times last year. It was 1 off from being a lemon.

True statement about the Suburus. Legacy has a nicer ride than it's WRX brother.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 PM

2004-2005 Acura TL ftw
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 PM

To win life you do this: Buy a 90-94 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo AWD 5 speed like so:

Buy it for like 3k. Spend like 7k and every part will have 0 miles on the rebuild so it will be like having a new car. Only difference is you will pwn anything in sight and run around 12.0 1/4 mile.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 PM

less than 25k i am skeptical you can get any of these things being mentioned
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM

I have an 05 STi and its an all around awesome ride.

Great in snow(after swapping stock tires)....fast, lots of fun, plus u can rally it(although Im prob the only one who can)

If not, second the a4
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
infinity G35 coupe 2005-2006

[/ QUOTE ]

I like infi G35s but those are rear wheel. That thing handles like crap in the snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like this are really ignorant. The G35 has a 52:48 weight balance (50:50 is ideal in the snow) and has one of the best traction control systems in the industry.

In general, as long as you have good snow tires and your car has good weight balance, the difference between AWD/FWD/RWD is marginal so you shouldn't discount RWD cars entirely.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like infi G35s but those are rear wheel. That thing handles like crap in the snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like this are really ignorant. The G35 has a 52:48 weight balance (50:50 is ideal in the snow) and has one of the best traction control systems in the industry.

In general, as long as you have good snow tires and your car has good weight balance, the difference between AWD/FWD/RWD is marginal so you shouldn't discount RWD cars entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but my buddy who has a G35 spent 40 minutes trying to get up a hill in snow with a G35. My FWD TL made it up the same hill on the first try. He ended up having to call a truck for help because he was blocking an intersection of traffic. I personally like the G35 better but due to a real life experience in the snow, I know better than to comment that they are good in snow. Ignorant comments? Real life testing > what you've been fed by corporations
Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but my buddy who has a G35 spent 40 minutes trying to get up a hill in snow with a G35. My FWD TL made it up the same hill on the first try. He ended up having to call a truck for help because he was blocking an intersection of traffic. I personally like the G35 better but due to a real life experience in the snow, I know better than to comment that they are good in snow. Ignorant comments? Real life testing > what you've been fed by corporations

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly 2004-2005 Acura TL FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM

obv. a subaru legacy.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Folks, everyone here should know a G35 isn't ideal in snow, regardless of it's weight ratio. The man wants an AWD car, stop recommending non-AWD cars...

I really think a WRX or Subaru branded car is where you want to head.

I didn't mean to come off as saying BMW's are cheap to fix, it's just another expensive option to the A4. Personally, I wouldn't mess around with either of those German automobiles, even though they are great cars. Just too damn expensive to maintain.

You could get a loaded '04 or '05, and probably '06 WRX for less than 25k, with low miles too.

The new Legacy is one of my favorite cars. It's beautiful, powerfule, reliable, and practical. So are the WRX's.

I can't think of a reason not to look into a WRX.

1. Turbocharged
2. 4 doors
3. Reliable
4. High resale
5. Awd
6. Aesthetically pleasing
7. Good consumer reports

No brainer imo.