Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

"The ownership structure of Absolute is shielded by, like, 12 different corporations, holding companies, and/or shell entities, so I'm not in the least bit concerned about any legal risks that I might be exposed to."

Right there is the reason AP must be shut down. The ownership is completely opaque - like all trustworthy companies - and Mark Seif, Scott Tom and (for all we know) AJ Green are still making money from it.

Nobody knows who owns AP. Nobody knows anything about the company structure, who calls the shots, who's in charge, who has shares, etc. Even AP press releases are anonymous nowadays, ffs (and NOT ONE TIME has AP mentioned who the cheats are, or that they have reported a crime to the police).

The whole set-up stinks and Seif still chooses to support it. If I were the suspicious type, I'd think AP had some incriminating HH on him...
Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM

Hypothetical question:

If you were aware first hand that a poker site did not have the proper structure in place to protect its customers from cheaters or collusion, would you still willingly be the face of the company?

Mark's answer to that Q would be yes. What is yours?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, it's been fun. I tried to answer your questions and engage you in a meaningful discussion to try to figure things out. Clearly you are not interested in that.

As a group, you have demonstrated a childish, immature, narrow-minded, pre-judgmental, lynch-mob mentality. You don't care about the facts or the truth, you simply want blood. Logic and common sense are your enemies. You'd rather hurl insults and snide comments behind the safety and anonymity of your computers. Enjoy yourselves.

To be fair, there are a select few of you that have not been drawn into the mob-mentality and have engaged in meaningful and helpful discourse. To you, I applaud you and respect you. Unfortuantely, you are way outnumbered by imbeciles. Yeah, I said it. I said it because it's true. I tried not to, but couldn't help it. You gave me choice. I tried hard, at my own risk, to try to be respectful and tolerant. What I received back is the opposite. It's no wonder very very few pros post here.

Perhaps some day you will mature into a more tolerant, more open-minded, more courteous lot. But, for now, please throw away your jury summons' when you receive them. Either that, or tell the truth during voir dire (jury panel initial questioning) about how you have made up your mind and that all the defendants should hang. Tell the court not to waste time on a trial. Allegations are all that is needed because you guys belong to a forum where there is bastion of higher thinking, forget the evidence or arguments.

To be clear, I am not a spokesperon for AP, nor have I ever been. Neitehr is Barry Greenstein for PokerStars, nor is Phil Ivey for Tilt. Companies have dsignated people to do that.

Flame on.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a shill. At least you put something out there so you can pat yourself on the back as say you did something, then claim that you are a victim in all this too.

Also plenty of pros post here, but thankfully your standard losing player annoying TV pro doesn't post here because everyone sees right through their [censored], so it is pretty obvious why you don't fit in.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM

sponger for mod imo
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM

I still wonder if they are honest enough to actually put aside players account balances in that bank in Europe somewhere, as they state.

Theoretically, if they closed down tomorrow and decided not to pay out any of their customers, who would the players go after for justice? Would they even know who stole their money since no actual one company seems to take credit for owning AP except a former chief who seems to only own the brand name of AP and not the poker site?

I've seen other poker sites spend away their players account balances and then just close down without warning. I had no recourse to get my money back, no legal channels to go through. In that case there was not a plethora of shell companies to sort through even. But still, the lesson is the site doesn't warn it's players that it is using their account balances to pay for expenses, or even to make high risk investments.

The point is, sites will and have depleted their players account balances to the point that they can't pay back anymore withdrawals. Just because a site says your account balances are segregated doesn't mean it's the truth. Unless they provide third party confirmation by an audit company that indeed your money is safe in a secure bank account at a reputable bank, then you should doubt their claims and ask for independent proof.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I was Mark Seif and I did actually cheat, you wouldn't see me doing some cheap, heavily edited interview like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty trashed when I wrote that but I think I was trying to say that you'd have to be a complete idiot to do that type of interview after what has happened, whether you're guilty or not.

Mark,

Even if they come up with iron-clad proof that you're innocent, I will never respect you after I heard you mention the names of other sites and explain how it could have happened with any of them.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Are the ownership structures at Full-Tilt and Stars as complicated as AP's?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the ownership structures at Full-Tilt and Stars as complicated as AP's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat said,

[ QUOTE ]
As described to me, the development process at Stars seems pretty infallible. Granted if a lot of people were in on it, it could happen. But a lone ranger-type of attack would not work there.

I don't know the process at FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Whoops, just realized you're asking about ownership...oh well
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 PM

If you think that Mark is involved in AP then why not contact the DOJ to investigate it? Put your money where your mouth is so to speak.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El Hombre,

He never had any intention of giving any sort of info that may be useful to the cause.

His posts are the most self serving pieces of [censored] Ive seen in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But I'd love to hear him disclose everything and anything,all the pertinent facts, or as much as he would be willing to share. In fact, I'd love to hear from Scott Tom, AJ Green, their lawyers, their frat buddies, the UB management (if they are indeed any different from the AP management), The KGC, Chief Joe, etc. Suggesting that I am willing to listen does not indicate that I think he is innocent, guilty, implicated, not implicated, a nice guy, a POS, etc. It just means that I would like him to share that information that he must have regarding these issues with the rest of us.
Closed Thread