Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf people still play vs the computer? That's so pre 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm a dynasty dork, what it do

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it get bored as hell playing the cpu over and over? Unless you suck of course it's mad easy to win and it's not fun playing a scrub cpu. Anyone who is halfway decent at madden should be playing online, its 1000x more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

online = all pro which is a joke.

also - franchise mode is more about building your team than just playing the game. Of all the people i've played, the franchise mode dorks who can take an idiot team of 18 starting rookies to an undefeated 1st season > online players.

Peytong Manning, for example, is wayyy better when the computer played as him. In 08 i'd say the same goes for brees, palmer, and bulger.

So obv i am a franchise geek. I don't have a 360 so am yet to play online. But winter time is coming 'round the corner. So maybe i'll get online and pwn some noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh sorry, the best people play online. Judging from your lack of knowledge about online Madden, you probably have never heard of the Madden Challenge. Well all of the guys who win cities/come in the top 4-8 in cities play online, not vs the scrub cpu.

I would be willing to bet your little franchise dorks would get absolutly crushed by any person who wins a Madden Challenge city this year.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it get bored as hell playing the cpu over and over? Unless you suck of course it's mad easy to win and it's not fun playing a scrub cpu. Anyone who is halfway decent at madden should be playing online, its 1000x more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

also - franchise mode is more about building your team than just playing the game. Of all the people i've played, the franchise mode dorks who can take an idiot team of 18 starting rookies to an undefeated 1st season > online players.

Peytong Manning, for example, is wayyy better when the computer played as him. In 08 i'd say the same goes for brees, palmer, and bulger.

So obv i am a franchise geek. I don't have a 360 so am yet to play online. But winter time is coming 'round the corner. So maybe i'll get online and pwn some noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh sorry, the best people play online. Judging from your lack of knowledge about online Madden, you probably have never heard of the Madden Challenge. Well all of the guys who win cities/come in the top 4-8 in cities play online, not vs the scrub cpu.

I would be willing to bet your little franchise dorks would get absolutly crushed by any person who wins a Madden Challenge city this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd pretty much put my balls on that bet.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM

Big TR, hold C and throw.

Franchise>Online, since ATM online is somewhat laggy still which kills any passing game that isn't hail marys.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big TR, hold C and throw.

Franchise>Online, since ATM online is somewhat laggy still which kills any passing game that isn't hail marys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Franchise>Online because of depth. Building a team for 20 years is infinitely more fun then playing a single game against another player online.

To say nothing of cheaters, one game against another person in a game that's hardly a true sim is worthless to me.

Certainly it's a matter of personal preference, but online (and similarly Superstar mode) has never appealed to me.

Cody
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM

I'd like superstar mode a little more if it had some more realism. (I got drafted as a QB by the Titans (?) and was starting right away (?!) I also hate that you play as everyone, at least when I was playing you did)
Old 08-31-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

what system is it on? I'm gonna do it.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

what system is it on? I'm gonna do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the 360 last year and I doubt it will change. There was actually 1 player from Australia last season who wasn't really that great. Another problem was none of the guys really were used to the 360 version, I'm pretty sure they were all Xbox or PS2 Madden players.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:29 PM

The Challenge is for 360 and PS2
Old 08-31-2007, 06:44 PM

I haven't been into the Madden thing in a few years. Just got it for my wii, god I'm terrible. Will this game get easier?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been into the Madden thing in a few years. Just got it for my wii, god I'm terrible. Will this game get easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.