Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What does LOL mean to you?
Load of Laughs 0 0%
Lying Out Loud 1 0.60%
Laughing On Line 0 0%
Lots Of Laughs/Laughter 2 1.20%
Leaning Over Laughing 1 0.60%
Laugh Out Loud 86 51.81%
Laughing Out Loud 70 42.17%
Lots Of Love 0 0%
Lots Of Luck 1 0.60%
Loads of Love 1 0.60%
other? 4 2.41%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Default samo vs KKF revisited

So as most of you know, several months ago, KKF publicly posted a heads up challenge to me. He outlined a terms of challenge, which included putting money in escrow with a third party which would be defaulted if either of us quit the challenge. He also requested that the match be played on Ultimate Bet.

At that time, I did not have an active UB account and declined to play there. I did say that I would gladly play him on Party Poker if he would like. To that, I was roundly pilloried on this forum, and everyone more or less implied (or stated outright) that I was afraid to play him.

KKF himself posted some such silly insults - as we all know is his style, calling me a coward, etc. Now, I had stated then that I would not play him on UB simply because I did not want to go through the hassle of creating a new account and getting sufficient funds in there. However, since we both had Party Poker accounts, I offered to play him on Party Poker - both through this forum and twice in private messages. KKF never replied to my private messages in which I had implored him to stop posturing for the forum and simply play me heads up on Party.

Well, good news! I now have an Ultimate Bet account and am more than happy to play the match against KKF. We'll see now if he was really serious or just posturing like an idiot on the forum.

The terms of the match that I propose are nearly identical to those proferred in his challenge:

- We will play for a total of $50,000. The match is over when one player loses $50,000.

- Each of us will depost $10,000 to the account of one of the three players that KKF suggested in his challenge (I will say which of the three I have chosen if KKF accepts my challenge). That money will be forfeited to the other player if either of us quits the match before losing or winning $50,000.

- We will play with limits of 10-25, and these limits will not be changed (I want luck to be as minimal of a factor as possible).

- We will play every day for as many or as few hours as KKF chooses, but the playing time must be between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends are my family time.

- Either player may opt out on a given day or a series of days if he has legitamate reason. The moderator (the player who will keep the 20K in escrow) will determine if the postponements are in good faith or if the player is simply trying to duck out.

All of this is contingent on the moderator (one of the three that KKF suggested in his open challenge to me) is willing to preside over the match.

If KKF accepts my challenge, I will reveal who I have selected as the moderator. If he accepts the terms, we will agree upon our playing time and at that point I will reveal my screen name.

Ball is in your court KKF.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: samo vs KKF revisited

GOGOGOGOGOG
Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM

YAY POST IN BBV TOO.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 PM

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiVXA6RFYT0AKSqjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=126kj79fk/EXP=1168463063/**http%3a//www.kanokorn.com/images/popcorn_buckets.jpg[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Samo, is there any chance you could double the stakes? KKF is used to playing 25/50? So $100k freezeout played at 25/50? Any chance?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:09 PM

this is so awesome
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm thinking 5-1 that this actually goes through is a reasonable line?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:13 PM

whos gonna start the prop betting?
Old 01-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Looks like I'm gonna be reinstalling UB soon.