Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Hollywood Park 15/30 - OESF draw and nut straight on flop

I posted this on DC but I didn't get much of a response, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I had a bad weekend dropping a ton of bets so my confidence is a bit off, I adjusted the hand slightly to read more accurately.

5 handed. Utg raises - plays a lot of hands, great implied odds if I hit. Maniac calls. I look to my left and see the bb getting ready to fold, I decide to call in the sb. BB decides to call after all. I have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

The flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG is a tellbox, I can see that he is probably about to get cold feet so I decide to bet the flop (this is of course debatable but I'd prefer that it be left out of the discussion of the hand because the meet is on the later streets), I get 2 callers - BB and the maniac who loves to see turns before deciding how to proceed because of "pot odds". Turn is the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, BB raises, maniac folds, I call.

River is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Whats your line and why? Also talk to me about the turn, my bet/call line is debatable, I knew this action was possible once BB called.

Notes on BB - I found that she likes to limp in a lot of pots pre-flop but generally plays a SSHE style. Joe Tall commented that she was weak-tight in the BB and easy to steal against (he knew who she was), in this session she was by no doubt the second best player on the table but her pre-flop hand selection was a bit weak with her limps and I found that she liked to play from the blinds quite often. She is crushing the table and feels confident, but she tends to miss value bets when she is unsure where she stands and also tends to call down a bit too lightly at times but never shows aggression when that occurs.