Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
It has also been confirmed that Tebow's shoulder injury was not from the hit during the UK game, but due to the weight of carrying the team on his shoulders throughout the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice response, TFG. Being at the game, I did not realize there was a specific "hit" to Tebow that may have injured him in any way? When did this happen?

Les
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has also been confirmed that Tebow's shoulder injury was not from the hit during the UK game, but due to the weight of carrying the team on his shoulders throughout the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice response, TFG. Being at the game, I did not realize there was a specific "hit" to Tebow that may have injured him in any way? When did this happen?

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was more the accumulation of damage over the game - this is why I hate it when people compare Tebow to VY/T. Smith - when those guys ran they would make people miss and run OOB; Tebow just lowers his shoulder and battering-rams into the line. I can't see his body holding up well through 2 more years of playing like that against very physical SEC defenses.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:10 PM

that's what I thought when I bet the under on Tebow's rushing yardage for the year

so far, he has proven me quite wrong and he's almost topped it in 8 games

guy is unreal

reminds me of when I first got hooked up for online play for EA Sports NCAA football...it was back when Williams and Brown were both RBs at Auburn. I used to play one at QB, put a few TEs in for receivers, use the hail mary formation, and set hot routes, motion, and blocking assignments to run a no-huddle offense a few times per game. Man did opponents hate that. It rated up there with using a WR at QB for LSU to run a vicious triple option and just the general ass-kicker that Vince Young for Texas and Michael Bishop (IIRC) for K St were in that game.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was more the accumulation of damage over the game - this is why I hate it when people compare Tebow to VY/T. Smith - when those guys ran they would make people miss and run OOB; Tebow just lowers his shoulder and battering-rams into the line. I can't see his body holding up well through 2 more years of playing like that against very physical SEC defenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's really done better than most think avoiding contact, minus the Ole Miss game. He really never took a big hit until the one on his shoulder last night, which wasn't even huge, but got under his pad. He can't take the punishment forever, but it's definitely overrated. He's not much different than a running back taking punishment.

If anything, he has only gotten a huge sack on him 2 or 3 times. It's not like he is taking it to the head like Trent Green.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's really done better than most think avoiding contact, minus the Ole Miss game. He really never took a big hit until the one on his shoulder last night, which wasn't even huge, but got under his pad. He can't take the punishment forever, but it's definitely overrated. He's not much different than a running back taking punishment.

If anything, he has only gotten a huge sack on him 2 or 3 times. It's not like he is taking it to the head like Trent Green.

[/ QUOTE ]

The consideration I think you have to make is for his career as a QB - it's not as big a deal for a RB to get his shoulder beat up; he doesn't have to throw the ball. If Tebow keeps getting his shoulder (throwing shoulder, if I assume correctly) beat up you really have to worry about how his throwing arm will hold up (as far as strength/accuracy go).
Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM

I do agree, but he generally has been avoiding any big contact or huge hits. He does a good job leading with his non throwing shoulder.

& no, it's not his throwing shoulder that is hurt.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Another crazy week!

Some observations from the UF/UK game:

offense:
-tebow is still incredible. Having bubba back is great as well, he showed that he is a very nice piece of this offense. Still, the lack of a true run game is somewhat alarming (though we've shown thus far that tebow and seldom used moore can keep defenses off balance).

also, hope Tebow will be fine. Thanks to TFG for posting the injury reports.

defense:
-wow, torrey davis is a beast. I say we leave C. McMillen out and leave the big frosh in there. He bit on a few plays but for the most part wreaked havoc. First time I saw push this year. Definitely great DL play with J. Cunningham and D. Harvey. This DL is starting to look better.

LBs, still great. spikes and doe missed a few tackles but for the most part, I'm happy with our LBs and they should be great next year.

DBs, still not there. rickerson got burned every time and I'm glad they pulled him. Wondy still runs around like a headless chicken at times. if we lose major wright next week, i'll be quite angry. the thought of having k. jackson in there makes me want to throw up.

in other news, Les Miles is still retarded. I feel for AU fans, despite my eternal hatred for them.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:54 PM

How about some love for the Dores?
Beating the #6 team in the country on the road is a big win for anyone, but a monster for Vandy.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM

much love for VU, about time they did what they're capable of doing. USCe was massively overrated though.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM