Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM

Default $6.50 A9 facing SB aggression

SB is aggressive, made an "aggressive call"lol with A2cc against another loose player earlier and doubled up when he had 7BB's left. is this good enough?do i want an altercation right now?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO (t2615)
Button (t3460)
SB (t2095)
Hero (t1230)
UTG (t1510)
MP (t2590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t600</font>, Hero???
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: $6.50 A9 facing SB aggression

It would depend to me on how often he has raised his SB and if you feel u have a decent amount of FE here. It is very likely you have the best hand albiet most likely by a slim margin. If you think he will pass on raising the button and u can raise the SB I would fold here. But I really think this is a shove since you do have SOME fe. It would really be nice to add those 600 chips without a confrontation and you can proceed to pressure some of the other slightly larger stacks. I generally find at my 5.50's on UB 5-6 handed there are often several passive players and one nutjob, if this guy is your maniac I think i'd take my shot here since he may not give you a chance to raise in LP which would b bad.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Doubt you have much FE, but you probably have the best hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM

do i want an altercation right now?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 AM

I think you definately want an altercation here b/c should he continue his aggression you may not find a better spot to get ur chips in with ne FE. he raises the button and u fold the SB and ur down to 930 and your finding it hard to find FE anywhere. Here you have a little fe, most likely the best hand and this shove would most always slow down the SB and give you opportunities to pwn those 3 midling stacks to your left. and if you were to let this one go and you have to run through the blinds once more you find urself on the button with just 630 chips assuming the blinds havent raised and u have to double just to get back to the 6 BBs u have now.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:57 AM

I agree that you pretty much have to push.

As has been alluded to already, not only will you only have 900 chips left once you post the SB next hand, you will also still have to act after aggressive villain who will most likely put chips into the pot first. If you folded in that spot, you can bet that in three hands time when you realise the blinds are coming round and are going to increase shortly, A9 would seem like the best hand in the world. Better to double 1200 chips than 900 chips, right?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM

with your read, i would shove this vs villain all day.