Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 AM

Default 1/2 live sticky situation

Caesar's in AC a few months back, 1/2, I buy in for $200.

About 15 hands in, no real reads on villain. UTG +1 raises to $8 (lol). Next guy makes it $25, but he had been very active since I had sat down, so his raise didn't mean much. I'm in the SB w/ KK. I make it $75. BB says raise, but the dealer tells him that only 3 raises are allowed and that he may only call, which he does. EP raisers fold.

I think it was DB who I read somewhere saying, "The fourth raise pure as snow is Aces" or something along those lines. I'm obviously assuming that's what villain has, but let's face it, I'm playing 1/2 at Caesar's in AC. Flop comes all rags, like 9 6 2r. I'm now put in a terrible position. I considered doing every action possible, including open-folding face up. With about 125 behind, hero ??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: 1/2 live sticky situation

First Id call the floor and check on that rule. Not a terrible position, great flop get the money in however.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 AM

I don't think you can put near 40% of your stack in here and then fold this when all low cards flop. Heck I hate folding here even if an Ace does flop just because of the pot. You have to be very very certain the villain has AA here to fold and this is a 1/2 game so I'm going broke here if he has me beat.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:41 AM

you have kk in a live game. if he has aces it's just variance. go all in and lol while doing so.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 AM

As played I shoved the flop. He thought for 5 seconds and called. He tabled <font color="white">(mootherfookin)</font> aces and I couldn't pull a rabbit out of my <font color="white">(ass)</font> hat. Meh. Went back to the cage and got another 200, ran it up to 550, then 1200 the next night. Err, didn't exactly leave with 1200, but that's a story for another day.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have kk in a live game. if he has aces it's just variance. go all in and lol while doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Unless you have a solid read that BB is a nit, then you can't do anything except shove. Seriously, people will put in a fourth bet here with JJ, and when they lose will complain "Damnit I always lose with jacks!" as they slam their cards down.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 AM

Wow, didn't even include JJ in the range (not that I had too much to think about). Honestly though, I give low stakes players wayyyy too much credit, so that's probably why. I was hoping (obviously) to see QQ or AKs, although the latter probably would've hit the muck on a 9 high board
Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First Id call the floor and check on that rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the three raise cap is fairly common if there are players still to act behind. HU pots usually have no raise cap, but it varies from place to place (just like so many other things). I think I remember reading a post a while back about a triple straddle (UTG, +1, &amp; +2 all straddled). Someone after wanted to raise, but apparently since there had already been three raises, he could only call. He angrily called the floor and they confirmed the ruling. The irate player with his aces ended up getting stacked by one of the straddlers' rags.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can put near 40% of your stack in here and then fold this when all low cards flop. Heck I hate folding here even if an Ace does flop just because of the pot. You have to be very very certain the villain has AA here to fold and this is a 1/2 game so I'm going broke here if he has me beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

just noticed something, I meant this is a 1/2 short stacked game so I'm going broke here. Deep stacked I would consider getting away from it.