Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: You Can Run The Hundred In 8.3

So you've finally admitted that the corner can't keep him from getting off the line every time. Great. Now you have the safety commited to defending the long pass play. What sort of holes does that open up to the rest of the recievers?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:59 PM

The safety is already commited. Sweet lord man, do you know what a ZONE defense is? Do you know the type of zone most NFL teams run? No, the corner probably can't keep him from getting off the line every single time. With the strength/power differential he should be able to do it very nearly all the time. And if he can, the guy becomes a LIABILTY.

[ QUOTE ]
No. There have been many examples of world class sprinters who have been busts in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys weren't a full second faster, but they were definitely much faster usually than their competition. They also were much better athletes than the guy we have. Flair was right on in the other thread.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 AM

Before you call me an idiot or retarded read the other posts in the thread where I describe the type of defense NFL coordinators are using more than ever, (admittedly they will switch soon, the NFL has a natural evolution) so you can actually make some sense. I suppose you also thought Ohio State would beat the Giants in the other thread...
Old 12-17-2006, 08:46 AM

Absolutely, NFL teams will gamble with anyone that is exceptionally fast. Several players have already mentioned track stars getting shots at WR and if you're significantly faster than them, you will be included. In fact, I think the Texans just tried out a famous modern sprinter, his name escapes me though. I think he has steroid history though so he's banned from almost all track events, which is why he's turning to football.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:49 AM

It was Justin Gatlin who will never make an impact in football most likely despite being maybe the fastest man in the world.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:49 PM

speed isnt the only component here. you have wide recievers who arent that fast .. but they run sick patterns against the secondary and corners have noo idea where the WR is .