FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Looking at Moses right now on vintage NBA. Dang. So strong, not like Ben Wallace strong, Moses has a big ass and a belly, but pretty skinny. Always using his center of gravity to just get position for offensive rebounds. Pretty damn poor as a kid, and rebounding is about hunger. When he came into the ABA right out of Petersburg High, he could stand under the rim, jump straight up, and hit his head on the rim. What the NBA guys couldn't believe when he came in was how a guy his size could get off the floor so quickly. Long arms. Dang.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Moses Malone is among the most underrated HOF'ers of all time. In his prime he was easily the best rebounder in the league and it was him, not Julius Erving, who led the 1983 Sixers to one of the best seasons in NBA history (remember "fo, fo, fo?"). His "problem" is that people may remember him for the last thirty years of his NBA career, which were no great shakes and even more unremarkable than Kareem's final few years because he played for nearly every team in the NBA in a very short span. Still, incredible player in his peak and Philly got him for a steal from Houston after they fell short in 1982.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:09 PM

We got some good action tonight. Lakers @ Celtics oh boy! ESPN doubleheader - Rockets at Heat, Nets at Sonics. I enjoy watching the Rockets, Yao is a trip, but I'm of course going with the C's game. And probably watch Sonics, the novelty of the 2 rookies is still there for me.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 PM

What do you guys think of Simmons calling out Yao in his latest, saying although he is an offensive dynamo he has horrible defense. He claims Yao is the reason they lost last yr in the playoffs and I might have to agree as much as I love Yao. Boozer lit him up for some monstrous games, and it's evident he lacks the lateral quickness to block all the shots he should at 7'6". Sad that he is my favorite player but this glaring weakness might hinder him his whole career.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 PM

2.42 blocks per game this year is pretty good, that's about what shawn bradley got for his career. of course, bradley got it in less time, but it's almost exactly tim duncan level
Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of Simmons calling out Yao in his latest, saying although he is an offensive dynamo he has horrible defense. He claims Yao is the reason they lost last yr in the playoffs and I might have to agree as much as I love Yao. Boozer lit him up for some monstrous games, and it's evident he lacks the lateral quickness to block all the shots he should at 7'6". Sad that he is my favorite player but this glaring weakness might hinder him his whole career.

[/ QUOTE ]

"it would be fascinating to see what they could get for someone who can't guard Carlos Boozer, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki."

The only one in this group that is able to even slow down anyone else in the group is Tim Duncan.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Yeah, it's not like Dirk is the bastion of defense, and Dirk averages 21.4 ppg vs the Spurs for his career, so Duncan isn't exactly slowing down Dirk.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 PM

so the laker celts game just started, but its showing on a 60 minute delay out here in LA. in your experience will sports bars show the league pass version right now or the delayed one at 5.30?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Heinsohn's really enjoying this game so far, he's got that Laker hatred down deep, like 50 years worth.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 PM

i love how NBA refs wait until after the guy misses to call the foul