Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

[ QUOTE ]

All in all I'm really excited about this team and thrilled that we have the only coach in the North who can manage a game better than an 8 year old on the rookie level of Madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLE: Call timeout before an extra point to decide if you'd like to challenge the touchdown. Challenge the touchdown. Lose said challenge for the low low price of 2 timeouts. Brilliant!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cleveland officially became the 8398th example of why prevent defense and conservative playcalling are a certain path to losing in the NFL. If the Browns remain aggressive after jumping out to a 15 point lead they may have held on for the victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see either of these things from the Browns. They were continuing to press with the blitz and were taking shots down field throughout the second half. What other type of aggression should they have shown?

[/ QUOTE ]

From FSN: Roethlisberger kept the drive going with a 20-yard completion to Miller on third-and-18 and his own 10-yard run to the 2 on third-and-9 before Miller made a one-handed catch for the go-ahead score.

"Their whole philosophy was don't give up the big play, see if Ben could read defenses and take what the defense gave them," said Ward, who had a 12-yard TD catch. "Ben did a tremendous job of it."

Can't think of any specific examples at the moment. Perhaps Cleveland's aggression got lost with me as Pittsburgh's ability to execute was dramatically better in the 2nd half.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 AM

Just looked at the schedule again and I really hope our last game is meaningless and we can rest most of the starters. The Ravens are going to be pissed and looking to hurt someone.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked at the schedule again and I really hope our last game is meaningless and we can rest most of the starters. The Ravens are going to be pissed and looking to hurt someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the playoffs start today, the Steelers are the #2 seed. I think there is a good chance all 16 games are meaningfull
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Awesome game today - was going totally crazy when Ben ran it in from 30 yards. I have so much confidence in him right now, and I think the 'lost year' may actually be helping this team stay hungry enough to really contend. I still don't think we're in the same class as the Pats, but I definitely think that we can A) score on them and B) get to Brady often enough to prevent the deep ball. I think that the underneath passes will totally expose our linebackers in coverage though, and expect that to be the difference. Harrison is so awesome on the pass rush, but such a liability in coverage..it will be very interesting to see what Tomlin comes up with for that week. Part of me hopes that we get our asses kicked so we can sneak up on people in the playoffs the way we did 2 years ago.

Jaems
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 PM

It was really nice to see Ben take over a game. Our special teams needs mad work if we're going to beat the upper echelon of teams.

P.S. If anyone has an extra pair of tickets/comes across an extra pair for the Miami game please PM me.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Bump for the game starting soon. Looks like I may have to follow this one on the radio stream because I can't make it to the bar to watch the game.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Ok. So it seems that this team cannot play on the road. What the hell happened there at the end of the game? Gamecenter sucked at the end.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:47 PM

didn't watch the game but how were they successful running the ball on us?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't watch the game but how were they successful running the ball on us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Polamalu missed a bunch of tackles. We also had a ton of costly penalties. The secondary played well for once.

ugh, so disappointing