Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Default maybe this forum can give input...

2/4 on ftp 5 handed

UTG: $400
CO: $530
BTN (me): $375

UTG plays like a typical multi tabling TAG. He got stacked by CO earlier when he raised to $14 PF with QQ. CO called with KJo. Flop was J84r. Bet, raise, jam, call. Turn J...

CO originally bought in for $180 if that tells you anything. He also doubled up right away when ended up getting into a minraise war PF with another shorty. He had ATo against KK. Flop AQT.....he chats something like ty vry mch in box. Overall, my impression of him is he over values hands and will eventually go broke. Hopefully to me

UTG raises to $14. CO minraises to $24. I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I call as does UTG.

($78) Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG checks. CO bets $45 . I....

Comments on PF and flop appreciated.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: maybe this forum can give input...

this is tough, we can pretty much rule out utg having anything, but donks love to play big pp like this pre. u are getting good odds though so I like a call and reeval. Most likely fold to a turn bet though. Preflop is ok too because utg is coming along for sure and u have position
Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM

I think you should still fold preflop given that you don't really know what utg is gonna do and it sucks to put in 6bbs and then fold. I might be wrong about that though, just think if I was there I'd have folded.

flop: raising seems pretty bad. youre probably ahead here fairly often but you still are in the same spot preflop (not knowing what utg is gonna do) so I think you should play it safe and fold again.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

i'm glad you posted this hand because this is a weird spot i seem to get into a lot where i'm confused.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 PM

nazahl do you think a decent tag plays an overpair like this ever? referring to utg.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nazahl do you think a decent tag plays an overpair like this ever? referring to utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

he could have 99, TT, JJ here pretty easily imo, I wouldnt think an 8x is that likely but definitely not impossible getting the odds he is vs. a minraise and coldcaller.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:36 PM

I don't see why you'd do anything but call.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Preflop seemed awful for some reason. Am I deep enough to set mine for 2 bets PF while not even insuring I will see a flop at all?

Is this a good spot to squeeze given game dynamics and stack sizes?

Am I ever getting called by worse if I raise the flop?

Is calling the flop bet just bleeding off given that I hate every card above 8 and can't even be sure I am ahead as of now?

Bleh.....
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop seemed awful for some reason. Am I deep enough to set mine for 2 bets PF while not even insuring I will see a flop at all?

Is this a good spot to squeeze given game dynamics and stack sizes?

Am I ever getting called by worse if I raise the flop?

Is calling the flop bet just bleeding off given that I hate every card above 8 and can't even be sure I am ahead as of now?

Bleh.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Never raise flop, I think CO's most likely holding is a pocket pair but there could be some other hands in his range as well obviously, anyways, id call a 2/3 psb on flop and re-eval, if u were oop it could be a muck but in position - I think it will be easier to check it down/get an idea of where ur at. If he fires again and u dont fill up id fold. BTW, I think pf is fine with position on fish, likelihood on it beeing multiway (dont forget blinds) and the fact that the fish could easily have a big PP which is felting the flop if u hit a set.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM

I don't see any problem with just calling the flop in POS b/c CO could still be playing very straightforward, not bluffing when overcards come out, and could be betting worse right now.