Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Moving from $100 to $200

After playing $100 proftiably for 6 months or so on ipoker, i now have the roll to move up.

What are the main differences from $100 to $200? Is everyone just 'a bit' better? Or are there any substantial differences in the dynamics of play?

Im not sure if this is a stupid question, if it is dont flame me too bad [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Moving from $100 to $200

Not that bigg difference. A little more aggro, more 3betting, lighter 4betting. More regs, less fish.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM

less mega donks more tagfish.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 AM

On the site I play (a Prima skin, only EU players) I actually found it was the biggest difference yet, and I started on NL5 tables.

The biggest difference is that you will not get paid off as easily as on NL100. On NL100 there always seem to be a couple of hands in a session where you can easily stack someone. Just wait until you get the nuts (or close to it), value bet and make a profit. At the higher stakes people are able to fold top pair with good kickers. The reverse of this is also true. At NL100 there are more bad players who will try to get tricky and minbet and check their way to a showdown with the nuts. At higher stakes players will value bet much more aggressively when they hit a good hand and you will have to lay down hands when faced with too much action.

This sounds really easy, but for me at least, it wasn't. I was so used to being the aggressor at the table that people would start playing back at me with air. This meant I could go to showdown with marginal hands and get paid off. I had to get used to the fact that when people were playing back at me, it wasn't because they got tired of me, it was because they actually had a hand. Because of this I ended up playing pots that were way too big with 1 pair hands and I was calling down too much with them too.

So my main adjustment was to fold more marginal hands, learn to exercise pot control with 1 pair hands and keep playing my bigger hands like I used to, which is fast and aggressive.

Good luck...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 AM

not really much to say. slightly less fish, more regs. if you tableselect at all it will be almost the same.

some of the regs might be better then you are used to but if you are winning at NL100 you should win at NL200
Closed Thread