Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em study group

Hey Matt just curious but why is this discussion posted in the smallest NL forum of all available ones? Is Volume 1 geared more towards the 25cent/50cent NL player and is Volume 2 the one geared toward the 2/5 5/10 player?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I ordered from Amazon and was looking forward to getting this early next week. Looks like that's not happening...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM

Have ordered the book from Amazon, eagerly awaiting arrival to New Zealand. Very interested in the study group thread when it eventuates.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Matt just curious but why is this discussion posted in the smallest NL forum of all available ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

pure self interest. the dungeon strikes me as a happier and less unnecessarily combative place to hold the discussion. however, it can be wherever the mods want it.

[ QUOTE ]
Is Volume 1 geared more towards the 25cent/50cent NL player and is Volume 2 the one geared toward the 2/5 5/10 player? Is Volume 1 geared more towards the 25cent/50cent NL player and is Volume 2 the one geared toward the 2/5 5/10 player?

[/ QUOTE ]

first third of volume 1 (up to REM) is geared towards entry-level players. last two-thirds are for all limits, although consistently successful players in MSNL and HSNL and the pros in SSNL will know a lot of it.

plus limit lines are artificial. it all depends on who's sitting, and the concepts that will get you through are the same.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt. How long is it going to take for your book to arrive in european(uk) amazon stores? I pre-ordered it a while ago and just received an e-mail saying they wont be getting it until mid september?

[/ QUOTE ]

no clue. you have all the information that i do. sorry it's such a delay!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you prefer going the SSNL raise of 4xbb+limpers instead of just pot pot pot ?

but since you are targeting the blinds more than anything in 6max, will going broke once in a while with an overpair vs. giving the blinds a better price (thus allowing them to stay tight) really be a good trade off.

Assumes vanilla 2+2 tags on your left, in other words people what you feel are worse then you, when playing with wide ranges .... so in this scenario, do we have a case, where you might want to only make 3xbb in order to force them to open

Does your book cover the above btw ??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hi gelford thanks for the praise in the other post!

i think i need a couple glasses of wine to understand your post here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

blind stealing definitely skews preflop raising strategy a bit. is that what you're getting at? and yeah you will have to get all in for 100bb some times if your opponents are any good. no free lunch anymore.

here's a thought for you: it's been argued that in early position you should raise less to allow opponents to call with a wider range of hands (since you are raising with a small range of mostly premium hands). however, that needs to be balanced with SPR concerns, which the discussion i believe has ignored.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 AM

Great idea for a study group, Matt. I should be getting my book at the beginning of next week so hopefully I'll have it finished and ready to go for the study group.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt. How long is it going to take for your book to arrive in european(uk) amazon stores? I pre-ordered it a while ago and just received an e-mail saying they wont be getting it until mid september?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the same, and therefore ordered it at .com. It's even cheaper for me (the Netherlands). Prices for two copies, converted to euro's:
.com : 40E
.couk: 50E
.de : 56E

and one book:
.com : 21E
.couk: 28E
.de : 31E

I guess the country's minimal wage has more influence on the book price than the physical distance does [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Amazon.com now has a delivery estimate of 23 to 30 August, 2007.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:08 AM

siiick amazon.com works out <£15 inc shipping and delivers 5-11 august.

ship iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 AM

can one of the mods maybe sticky this thread?