Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Default My first contract hit

So I had my first life coaching session this afternoon. That'll be another thread if I get around to it. It was a free sample, and I'm going to do it again in a month or so.

One issue that came up was what makes me happy. Sleep! When I get enough sleep, I feel great. Ok, what causes you not to sleep? Right now, it's a woodpecker.

I am not a morning person. For the past week and a half, every morning at 6am a yellow-bodied orange-headed woodpecker tries to drill a hole in the drain pipe at the corner of the house that's right above my bed. It's really loud. Drives me nuts. Second time I looked out the window and saw him, yelled, he flew away. More yelling on subsequent days. No good. He comes right back. Now he shifts his body around the corner of the house so I can't see him.

Life coach says can you wear earplugs? Well, sure, yeah, guess I'm stupid for not doing that. But, my plan has been to buy a wood owl and put it up there, or better buy a BB gun and shoot him, then gloat over his rotting carcass and possibly eat his head. I just haven't got around to going to Wal-Mart, and it's unrealistic anyway because I won't get up at 6am to wait for him. Also, I don't have a long enough ladder to put an owl up.

Coach asked the magic question. Can you hire someone to buy an owl and put it up there? Well, sure. I'll just call Chad. Chad's a good ol' boy and does some fixit work for me here and there. Nice guy. Met him playing poker. Paints a fence well too. The coaching session ended, I called Chad, and me and Chad got to talking. I said I'd give him $100 for the carcass of that woodpecker.

Chad: "I'll be there tomorrow."

Chad will kill him a woodpecker at 5:45am, unless his painting job goes over, in which case he'll come Friday morning.

I will keep 2+2 posted.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: My first contract hit

pictures please
Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM

I'm interested in the life coaching thing. I might need some coaching.

Then again, if being a life coach consists of advising my clients to put a contract out on a woodpecker, maybe I should become a life coach myself.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then again, if being a life coach consists of advising my clients to put a contract out on a woodpecker, maybe I should become a life coach myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have showtime check out the penn and teller bullsh*t episode where they discuss life coaching. Freaking hillarious.

Greg
Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM

find another way.

no charge.

chez
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a waitress at the Venetian who would agree with you.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have showtime check out the penn and teller bullsh*t episode where they discuss life coaching. Freaking hillarious.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]i didn't like their argument that much. I mean, life coaching isn't some profound art, but it's just like having a good motivational secretary to stay on top of you and some people that really lack in this department can really benefit.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Put tinfoil over the hole. Problem solved.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]i didn't like their argument that much. I mean, life coaching isn't some profound art, but it's just like having a good motivational secretary to stay on top of you and some people that really lack in this department can really benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that seems to be the biggest benefit. i'm highly motivated and already have plans for the next few years for money/better health/less stress/working towards work being optional, and for doing things that interest me, so the long-term benefits of life coaching aren't clear. however, first session she got me to fix two annoyances immediately. i figure life's annoying enough that next month she'll point out a couple more. after that who knows.

the general concept appears to be solution-oriented problem solving. identify it, fix it, next problem. i like that approach. no excuses. just suck it up and get it done. in my case, outsource vaporizing a woodpecker.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:55 PM

tape a bunch of cap gun caps that go off on impact up around where the little pecker likes to bang away.