Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM

Default *****OFFICIAL NBA FA signing day*****

Unless I'm wrong which is very possible today, July 11th, is when FA can sign contracts. It's also the day RFA can sign offer sheets.

We all know Lewis is going to the Magic. But who else is out there and where does everyone think they're going?

I think the Grizz will sign Anderson Varejao. I think it'll be for a lil more than the MLE. Who knows if the Cavs will take him and sign and trade or let him go.

Derek Fisher is going to the Lakers right?

Darko Milicic is not staying at the Magic according to his agent. I know the Bulls, Grizz, and a couple others are interested.

Chris Webber is either staying at Detroit or going to the Mavs.

Who else?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: *****OFFICIAL NBA FA signing day*****

Bucks better sign a PG, thats all I know. Supposedly Miami is very interested in Mo Williams, although I am clueless how that is possible with Shaq, D-Wade, Jason Williams, and Antoine Walker accounting for about 50 M in cap alone, I'm pretty sure Miami is well over the cap.

Are there any other good free agent PGs out there since Billups resigning with Detroit seems to be a done deal? The Bucks will likely resign Charlie Bell, but I don't know if I believe that he's ready for starting PG duties.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AM

I dunno what about Mo Williams?

I'll get bashed for saying thins but I've heard the Heat are going to look to trade Jason Williams. I believe he's in the last year of his contract so that's appealing.

Jason Williams is awesome and terrible in the same game evry game. Every game I've seen him play he makes a couple plays that are so good you don't think they're possible to make. Also every game he makes plays that are so bad you're left shaking your head.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Players need to be consistant in the NBA, J-Will is the definition of inconsistancy. He should be a bench player but gets paid like a starter.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bucks better sign a PG, thats all I know. Supposedly Miami is very interested in Mo Williams, although I am clueless how that is possible with Shaq, D-Wade, Jason Williams, and Antoine Walker accounting for about 50 M in cap alone, I'm pretty sure Miami is well over the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Miami (and any other over-cap team) can offer a 5-year deal starting at the midlevel (something like $5.4M) - so around 6 years, $32M (with the max 8% annual raises). If Mo Williams can't get much more from an under-cap team (and there aren't many out there after the Orlando-Rashard splurge), then he may want to take a midlevel deal from a championship contender.

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any other good free agent PGs out there since Billups resigning with Detroit seems to be a done deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Players need to be consistant in the NBA, J-Will is the definition of inconsistancy. He should be a bench player but gets paid like a starter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging Assani...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Miami (and any other over-cap team) can offer a 5-year deal starting at the midlevel (something like $5.4M) - so around 6 years, $32M (with the max 8% annual raises). If Mo Williams can't get much more from an under-cap team (and there aren't many out there after the Orlando-Rashard splurge), then he may want to take a midlevel deal from a championship contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm pretty sure Milwaukee will be willing to offer more than 6/32 to resign Mo, so hopefully he won't be headed to Miami.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM

6 years, 124.6 million dollars for Rashard Lewis.

LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 AM

waste of money.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waste of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great signing.

That cap room was never to return anyways.