Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Random result grapher spreadsheet

[ QUOTE ]
So, just to clarify: The simulated results (ROI, profit, graph) are randomly generated results that take variance into account? In other words, the results indicate one of the many (thousands? millions?) of different possible ways "I could have ran" over x # of games. Also, I assume the simulated results become closer as the sample size is larger?

Is the above correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand you correctly, all that you said is accurate, except perhaps that it takes variance into account. It doesn't in anyway directly take variance into account, but just produces one single random set of tournament results based on the finish distribution and prizepool distribution provided.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how do I determine the lowest/highest simulated results for ROI/Profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

As the spreadsheet only produces one set of results at a time, there is no way of finding lowest/highest results other than by continuously drawing new graphs and oberving.

For those kind of results you can use RVG's ROI simulator, which simulates 1000s of runs of tournaments rather than a single run as this spreadsheet does.

[ QUOTE ]
is there any other way to 'calculate now' since im on a mac and F9 button doesnt seem to be doing anything.

also after i changed the buyin, shoudl i not have changed the payouts (not in grey) since theyre obv different, or will that mess it up?
THANKS DAVE

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are wanting to simulate a normal .5/.3/.2 payout SNG you can just alter the buyin and fee and number of players and it will work out the prizes for each place automatically. You should only change the values in grey boxes.

I'm not familiar with the mac version of excel or whatever spreadsheet program you are using. I would think that somewhere in there is an option for recalculating the spreadsheet. There may be a way to add a button in the spreadsheet to make it recalculate but unforunately I don't know how [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]