Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Making over my new wardrobe

I started writing an incredibly long reply but I don't think it's really needed - I think all you need to remember is to keep it simple. You don't need a stylist - you just need to get more involved in clothes. It's like anything - the more you get into it the easier it is to create/define your style. The more you start to refine your own feeling towards things like cardigans, man-purses and wife-beaters then the easier you will find it all.

The photo where you say you were looking retarded looks fine. You seem to value comfort so stick to jeans, polos, short-sleeved shirts and then when you need to dress it up it's pretty easy. Plainer, fitted clothes look more professional - logos, baggy, stripes etc. look younger.

The accessories are much more important than you'd think though - nice watch and good shoes can often do more than changing to a 'non Gap' brand for more visible things.

Take some time over it and don't just bin everything immediately and buy a whole new image. Think about what brands portray and what you want to be associated with. Seriously.

Go out there and try stuff on. Go into every shop at first. Over time you will find things/places you do/don't like. From your initial post I think this will benefit you more than a bunch of links to products other people like. Although I'm more than happy to do that...