Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: There is going to be a Baby Tall!! (Future and current Dad\'s thre

Anyone get Rickroll'd?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Cool to hear Joe, congrats!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Congrats Joe!

If you don't mind could you say a little about how it happened? Obviously there was sex involved, but what I mean is was it planned? Had you been trying for awhile or just doing the off birth control, not really trying but not not trying thing?

Just curious because in the next year or two Mrs. L and I will probably be trying. Several years ago she said she wasn't even sure if she wanted kids but now when we go to the park she really likes watching the toddlers running around. I do to because they are cute of course but she REALLY seems to like it. Also since our friends are all late 20s - early 30s people she's had a couple very stereotypical conversations with other women who are married or in long-term relationships about having kids. I find it amusing and we have joked about it but I think it's a matter of time, and not much of it, before she says she wants one for real. I actually think it would be great, but I would rather wait a couple years. Problem there is that there is always some reason to wait and so waiting until everything is perfect isn't a good move.

Jared
Old 05-24-2007, 01:52 PM

Congrats,
Nothing like it in the world, my boy is now 7 months and the happyest time of my life is seeing him when I getr home from work everyday.

Useful advice, make sure mom is taking prenatal vitamins, if she can not stomach them(my wife had this problem) make sure she is at least taking folic acid, although more important at the beginning it is a cheap insurance against spinal bifida.

Be patient with mom, the hormones go crazy and so will she. Ride it out, the outburst don't last long and are quickly forgotten.

Enjoy it. Every person with children will see you and be reminded of the birth of their children, you will bring joy to people just by them seeing you.

Enjoy the sex, again hormones go crazy and so will she.

Practical advice given to me by 3 different fathers, after the baby is born you will want to be hero father sleeping in a chair in your wife's room. Don't, go home get a good nights sleep feed and walk any animals, make sure everything is ready for mom and baby. This also gives mom and chance to rest, bond as only mother's do and let'sthe nurses do their job.

sorry to ramble.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my only advice is to make sure you are present for the delivery, there is nothing like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second this. I was there for all 3 of mine and they were definitly the highlights of my life. I just couldn't bring myself to cut the cord though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was nothing compared to the cirumcision ...

Congrats Joe. My wife is 7 months into the second pregnancy, first trimester is tough for sickness / overall feeling bad, second is actually the best in terms of feeling okay, third gets tough again with back pain, trouble sleeping etc.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Congrats, Joe.

My daughter just turned three and the sun rises and sets with her.

Go with her to as many of her OB appointments as possible. Even if she says you don't have to go, go.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM

Congrats.

In 30 weeks, your life will change for the better, and you have no idea how great it will be.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Congrats

Some awesome times are coming up for ya.

I don't know where to begin or what to really say. I can still remember holding both my kids right after they were shot out. It's just the most awesome feeling from day one holding the baby, looking down, wondering how you can make something so great(my thoughts anyway).

There are so many changes that will come in every week (not just in the baby). I tell ya it really gets fun when they can start to smile just when they see your face. When you come home from work and as soon as they see you they come runnin makes every dirty diaper worth it.

I could go on and on rambling about stuff that everyones probably already said. So I'll end it by saying good luck and start stocking up on diapers. We had over 1000 when our daughter was born.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM

You can totally sense your excitement in your post, congratulations and take care of your girl while she's pregnant....those hormones...lol.

T
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Stock up on Pampers' infant diapers every few weeks until the baby comes.
Have her stand with her back against a wall and take a side picture once a week in the same position to watch her belly grow. Its a really cool slideshow after that baby arrives.
Good luck and congratulations!