Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
playing live poker has no relevance as to whether you use a bot or not. why do you keep bringing it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your relatively unenlightened view. It proves something (not everything) if Beatme were to play live in similiar fashion. Of course you would expect the Bot programmer to play like her Bot, but you really need to re-examine this damned either way mentality you have. If she would have said, "I refuse to play Gatorade live or go to Full Tilt, because I have to take care of my sick grandma, or whatever, you would have jumped all over that as evidence of Bothood. Why don't you just admit, I blindly accept whatever Full Tilt says is so (presumably because of their reputation for trustworthiness and integrity and past track record) and move on?

I repeat: don't know whether shes a Bot or Not. Problem is in the procedure and process of allowing third parties to submit supposedly damning evidence without the ability for the account holder to respond in a meaningful fashion in a meaningful forum.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I repeat: don't know whether shes a Bot or Not. Problem is in the procedure and process of allowing third parties to submit supposedly damning evidence without the ability for the account holder to respond in a meaningful fashion in a meaningful forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

/Thread as far as I'm concerned, in the absence of some actual, you know, evidence either way. I'm intrigued by the supposedly damning evidence given to Gehrig and Dean, but until beatme is given a chance to respond to it either privately or (better) publicly, I remain unsatisfied.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope with the people that think I am on a witch hunt(actually a bot hunt) imagine for a second on what I say happens to be true and the implications this has for online poker now and in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture? Are these not the ramblings of a mad man?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

beatme, what was your name on pokerroom? i used to play there 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nickname was redgar3. Please note that many players copied my nickname to try to prevent me from getting a game so there were lots of variations of this name used. If you were at the pokerroom wsop party last year you might have met me. I was a little tipsy and I kept telling people that I'm the real redgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, can you explain to me how copying your nickname prevents you from getting a game? And why would players be trying to prevent you from getting a game? And wouldn't someone copying your nickname mean they were opening multiple accounts on that site? Presumably they already were already playing there and had a nick. This all sounds pretty sleazy.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said. I'd go even farther, though. No matter WHERE the evidence comes from or what it is, if they want to take a player's money, evidence must be provided and/or some kind of appeal process must be allowed for. It amazes me more people don't seem put off by the fact that it appears FT will not allow ANY further discussion, period. Glad I don't play there.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/Thread as far as I'm concerned, in the absence of some actual, you know, evidence either way. I'm intrigued by the supposedly damning evidence given to Gehrig and Dean, but until beatme is given a chance to respond to it either privately or (better) publicly, I remain unsatisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are only certain people allowed to see this "damning" evidence? Who is providing them this evidence? I am assuming it is not FT.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM

there was a HORRIBLE regular heads up player on pokerroom that used to love to play redgar3, so many of us made accounts with names like redgar-3, redgar33, etc, to try to trick him into picking our heads up games instead. there were like 20 different skins you could play on. nothing sleazy about it. not against any rules.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
playing live poker has no relevance as to whether you use a bot or not. why do you keep bringing it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your relatively unenlightened view. It proves something (not everything) if Beatme were to play live in similiar fashion. Of course you would expect the Bot programmer to play like her Bot, but you really need to re-examine this damned either way mentality you have. If she would have said, "I refuse to play Gatorade live or go to Full Tilt, because I have to take care of my sick grandma, or whatever, you would have jumped all over that as evidence of Bothood. Why don't you just admit, I blindly accept whatever Full Tilt says is so (presumably because of their reputation for trustworthiness and integrity and past track record) and move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of unenlightened views...

If Gatorade challenged her to a live match, I would have no problem with it. But he didn't. She brought that up all by herself.

Any evidence a live match could give would be very very tiny. What it does do is distract from the more significant issues at hand
Old 06-05-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any evidence a live match could give would be very very tiny. What it does do is distract from the more significant issues at hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering that there is at least a suggestion that in Gatorade's mind, "bot = player he can't beat", beatme beating him live would have some value. But I think it's pretty limited.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there was a HORRIBLE regular heads up player on pokerroom that used to love to play redgar3, so many of us made accounts with names like redgar-3, redgar33, etc, to try to trick him into picking our heads up games instead. there were like 20 different skins you could play on. nothing sleazy about it. not against any rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the explanation.

Regarding the bot thing. I would like to see at least some proof of this. There has been none so far in this thread since good players as well as bots sit at empty tables waiting for fish and it has already been pointed out that the bots played different limits than her.