Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is right?
My friend 3 18.75%
Me 13 81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Married Men: How often do you remove your ring?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hated wearing mine. I never wore it in the house.

Then one day I got it snagged at work (I deal poker) on the little metal thing that holds the sign that tells you what the game/rake is. I thought I had ripped my finger off--I was unharmed, but it hurt like hell.

I stopped wearing it after that. That bummed my wife. She's the jealous type, and she took great comfort in that "I AM TAKEN" sign on my finger.

The ring was lost in a fire (the apartment building collapsed, and I wasn't going to go sifting for something I didn't want to wear in the first place). I never replaced it. My wife got over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ring is not a "He's Taken" sign, it's more of a chick magnet. Go anyplace there are horny women and you will get hit on more if you are wearing the ring. Most married woman don't realize this because they receive the exact opposite treatment when they go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the most suprising thing I found about wearing the ring. I swear it is afrodisiac.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM

Sam, I'm getting married in September too! And I think I remember from some of your other posts that you live in Atlanta like me. Good luck, man.

To answer your ring question...I am sorry, but I have no idea. I think my finacee expects me to never take it off.

-Andrew
Old 02-07-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This was the most suprising thing I found about wearing the ring. I swear it is afrodisiac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go spurts of wearing it every day to work (putting it on when I leave the house, taking it off when I get home) and then I go months w/o wearing it.

I have managed to lose 2 wedding rings in just under 9 years. After I lost the 2nd I managed to find the first though. Very odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds exactly like my best friend's situation. He does about the exact same thing as you when it comes to wearing it, he lost his ring in a friends boat, and it was found about a year later. He then lost and found the second ring.

I wear mine constantly, working out, playing softball or basketball, showers, whatever.

I take it off and fiddle with it every once in awhile, but it is pretty much a part of me.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:02 PM

I never wear mine. Of course I don't wear a watch either.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:05 PM

I take mine off VERY rarely... usually only when I am making meatballs or something similar.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 PM

I don't generally wear mine around the house, but I always put it on when I go out. Watch, wallet, and ring all sit on my nightstand and are part of the getting ready to leave the house routine.

If I forget to put it on when my wife and I go out, we just pretend she's having an affair.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't generally wear mine around the house, but I always put it on when I go out. Watch, wallet, and ring all sit on my nightstand and are part of the getting ready to leave the house routine.

If I forget to put it on when my wife and I go out, we just pretend she's having an affair.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's usually the other way around for me... my wife never wears her ring around the house and constantly forgets to put it back on when she leaves.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Then one day I got it snagged at work (I deal poker) on the little metal thing that holds the sign that tells you what the game/rake is. I thought I had ripped my finger off--I was unharmed, but it hurt like hell.

I stopped wearing it after that. That bummed my wife. She's the jealous type, and she took great comfort in that "I AM TAKEN" sign on my finger.

The ring was lost in a fire (the apartment building collapsed, and I wasn't going to go sifting for something I didn't want to wear in the first place). I never replaced it. My wife got over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ring is not a "He's Taken" sign, it's more of a chick magnet. Go anyplace there are horny women and you will get hit on more if you are wearing the ring. Most married woman don't realize this because they receive the exact opposite treatment when they go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be directing to this place?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be directing to this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wore my ring I would get approached in airports, hotel bars (I used to travel a bit for work), the mall and other similar places.

Granted, I am an outgoing person who usually has a grin on his face most of the time. I enjoy talking to people and don't shy away from starting conversations with beautiful women.