Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Movie Theatre Seating Etiquette (with diagram)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people accelerate toward red lights?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll accelerate when I'm headed for a red light so that I can pass the moron next to me, so I don't get stuck behind the moron in front of me while they're talking on their cell phone or doing their nails or putting on makeup, leaving me sitting at a green light because they're too absorbed in whatever they are doing to notice that the light has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]that makes no sense. you're stopping. you want to cut off the guy you passed and still slam on the brakes in order to reach 0 mph because the light is still red. it's just one car position. you can wait.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf getting there early is a total waste if you dont take the middle seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it better to be trapped in the middle, or have to deal with the constant interrruptions when sitting on the end?

Sounds as if we need a follow-up poll about theaters and bladder/ADD control... :P
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people accelerate toward red lights?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll accelerate when I'm headed for a red light so that I can pass the moron next to me, so I don't get stuck behind the moron in front of me while they're talking on their cell phone or doing their nails or putting on makeup, leaving me sitting at a green light because they're too absorbed in whatever they are doing to notice that the light has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]that makes no sense. you're stopping. you want to cut off the guy you passed and still slam on the brakes in order to reach 0 mph because the light is still red. it's just one car position. you can wait.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I would prefer to be at the front of the line than behind several cars. For the record though, I'm not talking about flooring it, cutting the guy next to me off and then slamming on the brakes as soon as I change lanes. I'll do it when it's convenient or easily done.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM

People still go to movie theatres?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that makes no sense. you're stopping. you want to cut off the guy you passed and still slam on the brakes in order to reach 0 mph because the light is still red. it's just one car position. you can wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you have never driven in NYC.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 PM

thanks for reminding me how much I miss Party.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IDK man, me and my buds do this tactic all the time.

We dont reserve though. We make it look as if we are reserving. In reality, we just want 1 space buffers btwn us, and we know ppl are hesitant to sit in btwn, so usually it works out perfectly.

IMO if they were actually reserving, and not exploiting like us, then you are being nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, this is so douchy. Why even go to the movie with your friends if you aren't sitting next to them? Are you scared your buddy will start giving you a handjob during the show? Or is it just you think people think "OMG TWO DUDES SITTING TOGETHER MUST BE [censored] AMIRITE?"
Old 08-01-2007, 03:33 PM

CMAR,

"However, this DID inconvenience us.

It cost us our empty seat buffers.

If these guys has reserved their seats properly, we would have had a 1 seat buffer on each side of us."

Why did you leave a 3-seat buffer? Leaving 3 seats between you and the next people and expecting a buffer seat shows a lack of movie seating experience.

While the guys could have made things a little easier by tossing a jacket or something on the reserved seats, they basically did nothing wrong. They were saving seats, and when asked if they were free, let people know they weren't. That's pretty much what their responsibility is to their friends and the people asking. Sure, they could have saved the time of asking that question, but whatever.

Nothing they did inconvenienced you. YOU made assumptions and therefore are responsible for the outcome.

I actually didn't think you were serious here and thought you were just looking for any excuse to post your idea for sweet seating diagrams.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know econophile had several twin brothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, several twins?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:40 PM

I would like to see a seating diagram to explain to the weenies who come into a nearly empty theater, just as the movie is starting, and sit DIRECTLY right in front of us that their etiquette is poor.
With said diagram, I can xerox it, tape it to a piece of wood, and hit them on the head with it next time it happens.