Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

Janelle,

I really donīt know what youīre talking about re the FTOPS event. I mean, you busted out really early and never had a shot at winning this thing, right? GG, end of the story. Iīm pretty sure you have no idea how it feels to play a MTT thatīs way above your usual limits (I won a satellite), gather a monster stack during the first hour (25k with 50/100 blinds) and still manage to blow it all by making the most retarded moves ever while not really knowing wtf is going on. Finishing close to the bubble after having sold some of your action - thatīs a TRUE nightmare. Iīm pretty sure you have no idea how it feels.

flame away obv. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Janelle,

I really donīt know what youīre talking about re the FTOPS event. I mean, you busted out really early and never had a shot at winning this thing, right? GG, end of the story. Iīm pretty sure you have no idea how it feels to play a MTT thatīs way above your usual limits (I won a satellite), gather a monster stack during the first hour (25k with 50/100 blinds) and still manage to blow it all by making the most retarded moves ever while not really knowing wtf is going on. Finishing close to the bubble after having sold some of your action - thatīs a TRUE nightmare. Iīm pretty sure you have no idea how it feels.

flame away obv. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this really sucks - if im out on the firt hour then meh i can go do other things, play cash etc, but sitting for 3-4 hours and bubbling.........
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you were a guy, you would have been flamed to death for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It surprises me that I wasn't flamed actually. I regretted posting it the next day, expecting to get flamed to death, but I am not afraid to express my emotions even though I know some of you think they are silly and would love to make fun of them.

Like Runner said... I am not like you... I probably cry like 2 times a week at least... I cry when I hear a beautiful song or watch a sad movie, so what. You guys I am sure cry once maybe twice a year. I know that and I get it but I am not going to become a man. I don't think I have to become a man to be a good poker player. Just because I cry doesn't mean I am weak. I am just not afraid to express my emotions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this post, we need more girls to make this forum something sweeter...

about that, thanks Buzz for the way you moderate Omaha High [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Janelle,

I really donīt know what youīre talking about re the FTOPS event. I mean, you busted out really early and never had a shot at winning this thing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I wish I could have bubbled. I have a VERY different perspective then you. I am so disappointed because I went out really early. I would rather have played 4 hours and bubbled then go out early. It isn't about the money as much as it is about poor performance. Although I did play very well (I thought), I was disappointed in my results.

I have only played about 8 MTTS and I won 3 of them and cashed in 2... so this is where this mixed up perspective may have come from.

I don't mind you flaming me auto. I understand your perspective on my post.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It surprises me that I wasn't flamed actually. I regretted posting it the next day, expecting to get flamed to death, but I am not afraid to express my emotions even though I know some of you think they are silly and would love to make fun of them.

Like Runner said... I am not like you... I probably cry like 2 times a week at least... I cry when I hear a beautiful song or watch a sad movie, so what. You guys I am sure cry once maybe twice a year. I know that and I get it but I am not going to become a man. I don't think I have to become a man to be a good poker player. Just because I cry doesn't mean I am weak. I am just not afraid to express my emotions.

[/ QUOTE ]

about that, thanks Buzz for the way you moderate Omaha High [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. If it weren't for Buzz I would never have stayed at 2+2. A lot of these forums are not female friendly. Clearly guys feel free to be even meaner than they would if they were actually speaking to you face to face. They get pretty ruthless and vulgar.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. If it weren't for Buzz I would never have stayed at 2+2. A lot of these forums are not female friendly. Clearly guys feel free to be even meaner than they would if they were actually speaking to you face to face. They get pretty ruthless and vulgar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are cetainly right about that. Whatever other shots Matusow, Hellmuth, et. al. have had to take, I doubt they were ever the subject of a is-this-player-too-ugly forum.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Old 11-21-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Janelle,

I really donīt know what youīre talking about re the FTOPS event. I mean, you busted out really early and never had a shot at winning this thing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I wish I could have bubbled. I have a VERY different perspective then you. I am so disappointed because I went out really early. I would rather have played 4 hours and bubbled then go out early. It isn't about the money as much as it is about poor performance. Although I did play very well (I thought), I was disappointed in my results.

I have only played about 8 MTTS and I won 3 of them and cashed in 2... so this is where this mixed up perspective may have come from.

[/ QUOTE ]

going out early in an MTT is like losing a single buy-in in a cash game. do you understand how preposterous it is to get upset about that? some of the best tournament players I know have gone strings of 50+ tournaments without cashing. i know your perspective is "mixed up" because you won three $5 tournaments in a row, but get a hold of yourself. playing a series of 8 MTTs, even with a bunch of them to the end, is still only a couple of normal session's worth of action. you've posted a number of hands, and i think i can confidently tell you that you're not that good. you got lucky. accept it, move past it, get better, and for god sake learn some math about variance.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Janelle,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

going out early in an MTT is like losing a single buy-in in a cash game. do you understand how preposterous it is to get upset about that? some of the best tournament players I know have gone strings of 50+ tournaments without cashing. i know your perspective is "mixed up" because you won three $5 tournaments in a row, but get a hold of yourself. playing a series of 8 MTTs, even with a bunch of them to the end, is still only a couple of normal session's worth of action. you've posted a number of hands, and i think i can confidently tell you that you're not that good. you got lucky. accept it, move past it, get better, and for god sake learn some math about variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally some sanity. Well stated, Pete. I was beginning to think I was in The Twilight Zone.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some of the best tournament players I know have gone strings of 50+ tournaments without cashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know 10 players that fit your criteria with an average ITM of 15% (good ones are higher), then I bet they would have to play more than 10,000 tournaments each for there to be a greater than 10% chance for this to occur.