Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM

Default massivish hero fold part two

I think this one was easier than joker's, but idk...

CO is decent TAG, maybe a little spewy in spots, 28/20/2.7
SB is huge fishy, 70/5/1.2

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button caps!</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB caps!</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (25.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: massivish hero fold part two

This is not a massive fold.

You are in third place everytime. And even if you have the retardo SB beat, the CO has you beat at least 80% of the time here.

This is a pretty easy fold.

I'm not sure about PF, but since it's suited, it can't be too bad. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM

Goddamn, SB is annoying. He's one of those players who I'd want to play against but also who I couldn't help but cheer against because of his irritating donkish tendencies.

Anyway, that turn check/call/cap is a play that really shouldn't get rewarded, if he really has a monster, but who knows what it means from a spaz. Meanwhile, the spaz might like that river diamond if he's not already holding T9, and the fact that CO has raised at every postflop opportunity so far is discouraging, even if you do hold cards that severely limit the combos of the most obvious sets.

If I knew CO would just call behind me, then I would too, but this is one of those spots where you don't know how expensive it's going to be and partly as a result of that you don't know how stubborn to be.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Goddamn, SB is annoying. He's one of those players who I'd want to play against but also who I couldn't help but cheer against because of his irritating donkish tendencies.

Anyway, that turn check/call/cap is a play that really shouldn't get rewarded, if he really has a monster, but who knows what it means from a spaz. Meanwhile, the spaz might like that river diamond if he's not already holding T9, and the fact that CO has raised at every postflop opportunity so far is discouraging, even if you do hold cards that severely limit the combos of the most obvious sets.

If I knew CO would just call behind me, then I would too, but this is one of those spots where you don't know how expensive it's going to be and partly as a result of that you don't know how stubborn to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

what can the CO have here that we beat? Even if he went spazztoid with AA, he's beating us now.

We only beat AQ, and he won't have AQ here.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what can the CO have here that we beat? Even if he went spazztoid with AA, he's beating us now.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I was too busy being annoyed by SB's playing style and also noticing that the river card was a diamond to realize it had partially counterfeited our hand.

Now, in the StellarWind hand, I'm interested in hearing why a river brick is a bet-fold if we get called on the turn.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I was too busy being annoyed by SB's playing style and also noticing that the river card was a diamond to realize it had partially counterfeited our hand.

Now, in the StellarWind hand, I'm interested in hearing why a river brick is a bet-fold if we get called on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually bet/fold the turn, and c/c the river.

But that's just my style.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 PM

I bet this turn every time.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:59 AM

looks like someone has T9 im not raising anywhere on the turn here
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about PF, but since it's suited, it can't be too bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is UTG 5-handed. Even if it was 6 handed folding preflop is ridiculous. (Sorry, but it is)

@OP

River fold is good.

I am not sure about flop. Am I the only one who wants to fold here?

I think I c/c the turn actually. SB's line makes me worried and CO has a set here fairly often.

River is super standard fold. I am with hip. You might beat SB here but you never beat CO unless he sucks
Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about PF, but since it's suited, it can't be too bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is UTG 5-handed. Even if it was 6 handed folding preflop is ridiculous. (Sorry, but it is)

@OP

River fold is good.

I am not sure about flop. Am I the only one who wants to fold here?

I think I c/c the turn actually. SB's line makes me worried and CO has a set here fairly often.

River is super standard fold. I am with hip. You might beat SB here but you never beat CO unless he sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, PF is easy. Im just retarded sometimes.

I guess if the PF cold capper was one of those 50/4/1.0 after 1000 hands I might fold, knowing an overpair was likely, but not in this spot.