Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Oaks Card Club Emeryville Tournament

I normally play at pacheco when I am home, but I am going to check out Oaks for the tourney on Saturday morning. Will anyone else be there?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Oaks Card Club Emeryville Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
Register late if you want a table that'll break early. Get there early if you want a table that breaks late.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, their first 5 tables are A-E and generally assigned to the first 50 players. All others F+ are assigned to the floor and the braking order is not that strict. I suspect TD's priority is to break play-worthy tables so cash games can replace them as the day's pace of games picks up. I've been assigned to table F and been moved to a table H (which was a double-handed blackjack table) until they broke that table with 50 left and sent everyone to the tables off the main floor.

So, if you really want a table that breaks late, come early (~2h in advance) - but after the first 50, its kind of a crapshoot.

Also, the last two Sunday tournament, I think they assigned the tables in rough order (A-whatever) but the one higher buy in event I played at (November Turkey Shoot) it was randomly assigned.

Can't make Saturday's event, but will be there next Sunday (Qualifiers WSOP Freeroll) and the probably the following Sunday after that ("last chance" $1500 WSOP Seat tournament)