Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Party Football Promo - Week 5

I am not at all taking credit for party taking this step, but it is something I have mentioned in at least two emails to party support over the last couple of days. .

<<<I understand there is not a web link at this time to check results and bonuses earned at this point. I also am of the belief that there is much discontent over the way this promotion has been conducted thus far. This COULD have been a very fun, entertaining promotion. Up to this point, however, it was been much more FRUSTRATING than entertaining.

I, much like MANY other players, had NO IDEA that the promotion changed days this week. This is the SECOND week where there was not a monday game, so I am not sure what the impetus for the change was. It the design was to change it mid-stream, why not set it up to run Mon-Saturday the entire time?

Wayyyyyy too many times has the question been not accesiible thru the website. The first time (question #5 of week one), I did not know I could email you folks to get the question sent to me. I hit 3 out of the 4 questions I was ALLOWED to answer, and I believe I should get credit for question #5, since I tried to access the questions on the internet page almost every 30 minutes the ENTIRE day. I have asked what the result of this would be numerous times and have yet to receive a satisfactory answer. The basic response has been "we are aware of the problem and we are looking into it." You could give me an answer at some point. . either tell me I will get credit for the answer or you can penalize me for YOUR ineptitude.

I also think at this point (half-way thru the promotion) it is entirely reasonable to see where I stand on your books in this promotion. I feel I have earned either $150 or $200 (depending upon whether I am credited with a correct answer for #5 of week 1). Unfortunately, however, SEVERAL of the questions have had to be answered via email. I think as poorly executed as this promotion has been, it is only fair to receive some sort of verification at this point. Is this really asking too much??????>>>

They still haven't given me a good answer about question #5 of week one, however.
Good Luck everyone,
Les
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've sent an E-mail, wonder what kind of form response I'll get.

I bet you they disregard my questions/concerns and reply with the Terms and Conditions of the Touchdown promotion...

[/ QUOTE ]

As with most any promotion offered by anyone Party also includes the standard clause in their promotional "contract".

From "Party Poker Standard Terms and Conditions":

[ QUOTE ]
10. PartyPoker.com reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate a promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice. Further, these Standard Promotional Offer Terms & Conditions may be modified or amended at any time by PartyPoker.com by the posting of new terms herein. It is your sole responsibility to check these Standard Promotional Offer Terms & Conditions and any applicable specific promotional offer terms before accepting any promotional offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always... read the fine print. It's pretty [censored] what they did in regards to the football promotion - but it's not against their Terms and Conditions. Attempting to rectify the situation if you happened to miss Tuesday's question is probably pretty futile.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not at all taking credit for party taking this step, but it is something I have mentioned in at least two emails to party support over the last couple of days. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware of several people that emailed party asking for a way to track this promotion!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:06 AM

<<<I am aware of several people that emailed party asking for a way to track this promotion! >>>
Considering the vast number of problems with the promotion, it seems like the right thing to do.

Does this mean that Party Poker actually listened to its players for once?
Les
Old 01-05-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that Party Poker actually listened to its players for once?
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party listens to its players... the message just needs to get to the right person some times though!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:45 PM

Question 3 is up

3: Cincinnati will have greater than or equal to 265 overall passing yards?

A) Yes
B) No

As usual I'm waiting for the wisdom of someone who actually knows things about the NFL before answering.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:55 PM

Who can help me with this question ???
Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question 3 is up

A) Yes
B) No

As usual I'm waiting for the wisdom of someone who actually knows things about the NFL before answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are taking the favourite choice every time then you'd have taken Pits to win then have over 32 minutes possession which then leads to a no for this.

Party are giving you even money on each question so you probably have to take the odds on fave every time for +EV [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm not totally clued up on my NFL but CINC don't look like they've averaged anything close to 265 in the last 5 games. Am I wrong?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:41 PM

Well in the two games they played this year Cincy had 211 and 222 passing yards. I'd go with No for this one.

Also Palmer averages 252 yards/gm but had 265+ 8/15 games. THat doesn't include the yardage taken away for sacks, so this seems like a definite under...
Old 01-05-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question 3 is up

A) Yes
B) No

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are taking the favourite choice every time then you'd have taken Pits to win then have over 32 minutes possession which then leads to a no for this.

Party are giving you even money on each question so you probably have to take the odds on fave every time for +EV [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm not totally clued up on my NFL but CINC don't look like they've averaged anything close to 265 in the last 5 games. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way to do it is to take each question as an independent event and choose the answer that is most likely to happen.

In this case it just so happens Pittsburgh is likely to win, Pittsburgh likes to run the ball alot and only throw about 20 times a game so they should win the Time of Possession with 32+ minutes, and Cincinatti hasn't beaten Pittsburgh's defense for more than 222 yards this year so that seems like an under.

Look at the Stats from the two games this year, 1st game Pit won, 2nd game Cin won.

Game 1:
Cin throws for 211 yards
Pit controls the clock for 35 minutes
Pit wins

Game 2:
Cin throws for 222 yards
Pit controls the clock for 33 minutes
Cin wins

Take that for what it's worth...