Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: MY ACCOUNT IS NOT WORKING WHAT IS GOING ON

If you were logged in and you had no money and then the password didn't work, it definately sounds like an inside job. Your room mate must have transferred the cash and change the password. If you were logged in all this time, I don't think anyone could log on to your acount from a different PC at the same time.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 AM

it logs you out if you log in from another place, after giving you a chance to deny the connection.. so you most likely wouldn't have been connected if someone logged in from somewhere else.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 AM

If you only found 1 virus (FREELOADER_SMITFRAUD) after never before having had a virus checker, then that is not the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
FREELOADER_SMIT
This freeloader displays a fake or misleading message in an attempt to trick users into purchasing anti-spyware software, such as PSGuard or SpySheriff Anti-spyware products. These applications deceive users into purchasing its complete versions to remove supposedly detected grayware files. It is also capable of changing the default system background and other desktop settings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 AM

I know this may be pretty stupid but is there anything in the transaction history? I also probably wouldnt want to go and do something as rash as blaming my roommate immediately without any proof so dont do anything rash just yet.

[ QUOTE ]
If you were logged in and you had no money and then the password didn't work, it definitely sounds like FT has you flagged for suspected botting and has seized your funds while they investigate

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you were logged in and you had no money and then the password didn't work, it definately sounds like an inside job. Your room mate must have transferred the cash and change the password. If you were logged in all this time, I don't think anyone could log on to your acount from a different PC at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

On condition that the roommate knew his password, as you can't change it without knowing it.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Oh and you can probably have support expedite their response time to you if you bug one of the pros that are on right now to try to get the sites staff to look through the emails to yours.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Sorry about this roomate confusion, I live by myself and have for the last few months. Basically no one has any idea I play poker, etc. No one has ever touched my comp.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:52 AM

If the computer was in a common location, and someone could observe the user entering it every day, it would not be too difficult to get it. Another possibility would be a hardware keylogger plugged in between keyboard and computer.

These are just possibilities, not accusations.

(posted at same time as above post)
Old 11-23-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On condition that the roommate knew his password, as you can't change it without knowing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
But if he's logged in, then can't roommate change the registered e-mail, request a new password that gets sent to the new address and go from there?

BTW roomie is a [censored] moron if he really did this.