Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Unofficial review thread: 3rd place in $100 FO

3rd place $100 FO Maybe I should go through channels, as I have not got much analysis of my previous posts. This one features some definate mistakes, unconventional plays, running over the table near the final table bubble, and cautious play 3-handed.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Unofficial review thread: 3rd place in $100 FO

Ugh I had a bunch of comments/questions but lost them in the internets somewhere. I enjoyed watching this one. I'm obviously being a little results oriented but your timing on your reraises always seemed to be perfect.

Here's three that stuck out that I can remember off hand:

Hand 188: You just lost two big back to back pots. I would definitely raise AA and hope it looks like you are steaming.

Hand 265: I would stick the extra 5k in with the huge implied odds you'll be getting and the good chance you'll be seeing 5 cards for free.

Hand 348: You have a good size chip lead and are going against the 2nd in chips with a super short stack about to be eliminated. I really like a semi bluff on the turn in this spot.

Sorry had a bunch more but I'm too lazy to rewatch it again right now. There were a handful of spots that you folded to 1.5x raises in your bb. What kind of hands do you usually have to have to defend your blind to that kind of action. I'm always a huge calling station that can never fold to a raise like that when I'm fairly deep.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Unofficial review thread: 3rd place in $100 FO

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoyed watching this one. I'm obviously being a little results oriented but your timing on your reraises always seemed to be perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this HH was somewhat entertaining, which is one reason I posted it.

Yeh, my resteals were never getting called. Some of this was with 2 tables left. I really didn't mind gambling to double up and take the tournament lead, but a lot of people don't want to risk losing sure money. Also, there was one guy who was raising most of the time it was passed to him and I kept restealing on him.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 348: You have a good size chip lead and are going against the 2nd in chips with a super short stack about to be eliminated. I really like a semi bluff on the turn in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that I had a double gutter on the turn. I think a flat call of the small bet on the turn would be better. Then bet the river whether or not I make the straight.