Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

People aren't going anywhere. It's gonna be like when they banned smoking in bars in NY and everyone said 'Well that's it, all the bars are going out of business because no one is going to go to them anymore!' People may have boycotted for a day or two but then they realized that they had no where else to go to get drunk and try to meet women. Same thing applies here but with no women.

The only difference here is that I think the mods had better ease off after the house cleaning. Citanul is thorough I think, he will go through and get rid of the worst offenders. Well established posters like SLT, PITTM, Chump Change, GA have all been doing this stuff for a long time, they are clearly not racist/biggoted and are just trying to have a good time. People are defending Yves but I think he has been starting trouble for a while whereas posters like the ones I mentioned (and tons others who we all enjoy) haven't REALLY done anything wrong.

As with most things, this is being handled backwards; instead of nipping the problem in the bud, we wait for it to get too bad and then have to be overly harsh. I think handing out 'mandatory' bannings on established posters or barely offensive words isnt' going to do anything. If you wanted to set an example, you did by banning Yves, he is popular enough to let people know you are serious. My suggestions is clean house, implement some new rules with more leniency than now but less than before, and let everyone have a good time. And let's not kill Gild, he really is a great mod, perfect for this forum.

P.S. Also ban the whiny crybabies who are ruining everything for the rest of us. If we don't have freedom of speech in a private internet forum, people should have freedom to complain about every little comment that upsets them. If this includes a certain red mod or two, so be it ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sklansky, plz do not have me killedkthx).
Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As with most things, this is being handled backwards; instead of nipping the problem in the bud, we wait for it to get too bad and then have to be overly harsh. I think handing out 'mandatory' bannings on established posters or barely offensive words isnt' going to do anything. If you wanted to set an example, you did by banning Yves, he is popular enough to let people know you are serious. My suggestions is clean house, implement some new rules with more leniency than now but less than before, and let everyone have a good time. And let's not kill Gild, he really is a great mod, perfect for this forum.

P.S. Also ban the whiny crybabies who are ruining everything

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the plan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Also ban the whiny crybabies who are ruining everything

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the plan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the whole 'leniency will be eventually returned, but not TOO lenient' was not covered in citanul's original post.

ADANTHAR 4 MOD!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM

To everyone who doesn't understand this.

You are all thinking like 2+2 or BBV is like hanging out in your basement with your friends, so you should be able to say whatever you want....etc,etc.

Well, its not your basement.

Its more like Mason's coffee shop, where the entire public is the customer and everyone is welcome.

If you yell racial epitaths or call yoru buddies gay and push each other in a coffee shop, you will be asked to leave by the proprietor because you will scare off business.

Its that simple really.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To everyone who doesn't understand this.

You are all thinking like 2+2 or BBV is like hanging out in your basement with your friends, so you should be able to say whatever you want....etc,etc.

Well, its not your basement.

Its more like Mason's coffee shop, where the entire public is the customer and everyone is welcome.

If you yell racial epitaths or call yoru buddies gay and push each other in a coffee shop, you will be asked to leave by the proprietor because you will scare off business.

Its that simple really.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]
BBV isnt like a coffee shop at all what a dumb analogy
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM

BBV is more like the booths in the back of the adult stores.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BBV isnt like a coffee shop at all what a dumb analogy

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 website is a business that serves the general public, I think the analogy is appropriate.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that txredman should be rebanned, to be fair. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

KK-

I deleted the post I created within minutes.

Did you even read it?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM

i still dont get why retarded is a banned word....am i retarded?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still dont get why retarded is a banned word....am i retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Closed Thread