Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

wow - I think after reading for 5 hours I caught up.

I am a new poster in BBV and BBV4L but a long time lurker.

If I remember correctly when I signed up ,there was a terms and conditions of posting that was agreed to, remember that this site is a business, and from time to time, when things get out of hand, it will have to be controlled.

There are costs associated with running these boards, those costs are paid for by the advertisers.

I liked GW, and I am sorry that he took the hits personally, but I agree that some control needs to happen.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:00 PM

Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM

<3 cnfuzzd

Finally someone in the green gets it.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM

cit,

Can I still make fun of fat people?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Teetster,

We are attempting to remove real racism and play racism both. Just because you think that something has become everyday vernacular doesn't mean that it has. Just because you think that "nigga plz" isn't racist doesn't mean that it is. Further, promoting the widespread use of such epithets undermines the arguments against real racists.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is logic is pretty tenuous. I would be interested to hear you elaborate on how widespread use of the term "nigga" promotes a racist agenda. I suppose there could be some argument made that it essentializes the more urban aspects of african-american culture, but given that in fact many people of color have self-embraced this image as their own, i think its fairly presumptive to assume that we should go around making pronouncements on what is "good" and "bad" for "thier" struggle.

In addition, im certain that you are well aware of the deconstructionist implications for the widespread (especially if amongst 20-something white boys) usage and self-application of the word nigga. The original term was a way for those of one skin color to highlight and essentialize the physical difference between themselves and the Other, and to reify the implicit assumptions that those who were "[censored]" were inferior to those who were not, and to justify the various forms of social stratification that were present. How does the term NIGGA becoming more accepted as an image of merely "my fellow man" do anything BUT attack the power structure created by the ideas of black/white difference?

[ QUOTE ]

I am personally not very willing to negotiate on the "gay/ghey" stance, just as I'm not willing to negotiate on the racism stance, though I can continue to attempt to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fair enough i suppose. Utilizing the term "gay" as a negative adjective, while not neccesarily homophobic, does denote a certain uncomfortableness with the gay lifestyle, and by all means, it is our job to go out and make sure that everyone views men [censored] other men in the ass as a positive thing. (personally, im in favor of it, the more gays there are, the less competition for me, and besides, most gay people are really really fun to be around, and not really stuffy or smug, unlike some heterosexual people i could name) In the end, given that i agree with the idea that homosexuals should be treated no different than anyone else, i suppose i must bow to your wishes in this respect, but i will probably still be banned at least twice for calling something gay.

[ QUOTE ]

On the "retarded" stance, there is ongoing discussion of whether or not my stance is reasonable considering that many actually mean "impaired learning or comprehension abilities" when they say retarded.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so utterly pc it makes me hate you. Given that most retarded people arent even referred to as retards anymore, and have thier own distinct name for whatever disorder makes them special, i seriously seriously want to... nm. This part is pretty retarded.

To those who are saying "be more creative than saying retarded":

FU.

Between the nine hours a day i spend in irc listening to cardo talk about being homeless and the 12 hours listening to my gf talk about why,,,well, whatever she talks about, i dont have time to write disertations on why what someone said is beyond stupid. Hence, "You are retarded"

Would it make you feel better if we started saying "you may be retarded" since we would no longer be equating stupidity with retardation, but instead merely suggesting that the subject might, in fact, suffer from some mental disability?

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

cnfuzzd 4 mod?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cit,

[/ QUOTE ]

You better not, they will take your forum away!!!!111

[ QUOTE ]
cit,

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Dids is obviously still fair game.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I am Scottish and by definition hate everyone with authority.

My current thoughts.

WHAT I KNOW:

1) El Diablo secretly gets a forum
2) El Diablo initially has high viewing numbers
3) El Diablo's forum is dipping in overall views based on my unscientific method of looking on the main page at his numbers as a percentage of BBV numbers
4) BBV/BBV4L have a higher market share than ELGD
5) El D. Knows how to increase his market share at our expense
6) We already have respected posters fleeing our borders

WHAT I GUESS

1) Conspiracy
2) Deceit
3) Treachery
4) Douchebaggery
5) ???????????
6) Profit! Filthy, filthy profit

Viva La Revolucion
LLL
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cit,

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Dids is obviously still fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness. This is 10x worse than any of the stuff you are trying to ban.

DUCY?

EDIT: But, funny.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, im certain that you are well aware of the deconstructionist implications for the widespread (especially if amongst 20-something white boys) usage and self-application of the word nigga. The original term was a way for those of one skin color to highlight and essentialize the physical difference between themselves and the Other, and to reify the implicit assumptions that those who were "[censored]" were inferior to those who were not, and to justify the various forms of social stratification that were present. How does the term NIGGA becoming more accepted as an image of merely "my fellow man" do anything BUT attack the power structure created by the ideas of black/white difference?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always thought this argument (and other academic arguments about how minorities "take back" an epithet to weaken its power) are a bunch of horse [censored]. Black people have been calling each other n-word for decades now but it still has as much power today as it did back then. Seeing black people throw that word around just makes other ignorant people confused as to what is okay and what is not.
Closed Thread