Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

Teetster,

I'm pretty sure you can figure out a way to be entertaining without using racial epithets. I assure you it's possible.

No lexicon will be produced, at least not by me. I think though that people can figure out when they are using a racist term.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care how you do it, Teetster, but please avoid using the phrase "sucked out"...it's offensive to the homosexual community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice. Well, I'm screwed then. I got nothing left to work with until citanul provides a list of approved terms.

[ QUOTE ]
Racial, sexual and religious epithets are ridiculously stupid. Why the hell is there such a fight over it? I've yet to see one halfway decent argument for why the elimination of n bombs is a bad thing. The basic arguments that are being used by posters here are "i wanna be able to tell people to die in a fire and drop nbombs, this sux."

"I HAS A GIMMICK. NOOOOOO, THEY BE STEALIN MY GIMMICK"

[/ QUOTE ]

also, this needs to be spammed in every yvesaint thread over and over

OSU,

you're very very very smart.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Cit/andathar: What happened was that guild got pissed when SOA made an annoying post on Monday. Instead of just banning the latest greenfield acct Gild decided that he had "had enough!" and that he would do this 48hrs thing with new and more stringent rules. I think he thought it would be funny, and create a little drama. That's when everyone, including yves, started messing with the rules by bending them and posting about Mr. Negga the convict and all that. At first gild thought it was funny and said so, but then as it kept happening and he kept getting pushed and people kept complaining about it, he stopped enjoying the chaos and started taking it personally, like the jokes and whining were directed at him.

Then when yves got unbanned, he started pushing the limits as far as he can with his Jews are Niggardly post. I am both jewish and quite niggardly yet I was not offended, but I guess Gild just got sick of dealing with the explosion of resistance that he himself (along with you, And.) created.

Now, please correct me if I'm wrong...there didn't seem to be any Admin pressure involved in that cycle. The forum was responding to the rules, not vice versa.

--GA
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't care how you do it, Teetster, but please avoid using the phrase "sucked out"...it's offensive to the homosexual community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice. Well, I'm screwed then. I got nothing left to work with until citanul provides a list of approved terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, at this point, I'm fairly sure you just shouldn't be allowed to post threads.

but if you're looking for a list of approved terms, here they are:

-terms that are not offensive to citanul

here are some banned terms:
-gay
-retarded
-racist slang

feel free to post 57 more times to clarify!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
andathar: What did you think would be the result of a OOT-like mass-culling on a forum that was often used as an alternative to OOT? Gentle and sweet logical acceptence, or BASTARD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not seeing this 'mass culling' part, with the exception of 17,000 yvesaint threads that put gildwulf over the edge

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

I think that what exists in BBV and BBV4L isn't racism. Personally, I don't think that what I've posted in the past has been racist, but that's b/c I know how it was meant to be interpreted. However, when you're dealing w/o voice tones and body language, interpretation is subjective.

The problem that BBV has isn't racism. I'm not sure what it is, but I can recognize racism when I see it. I've lived in Texas my entire life and I know racism when it shows it's ugly head.

I think that being able to laugh at ourselves is a wonderful quality.

i.e., I am white. I have tattoos. I like to eat red meat. I watch sports and say 'aint' and 'yall'.

Some of you Yankees would call me a redneck, and i'd laugh.

Whatever.

Ethnicitys have specific characteristics that comprise them. It's not wrong to make fun of one of your friends because he loves to eat watermelon and fried chicken, so how can it be wrong to make fun of black people for doing the same?

The motivation for me is never harm or disrespect, just humor.

This thread is going nowhere. The bottom line is that someone who owns/runs 2p2 doesn't like the above type of humor and isn't going to let it happen.

The problem at hand is that anything funny can usually be constued as offensive. Thus, this conversation will be locked, not resolved.

-Tex
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, please correct me if I'm wrong...there didn't seem to be any Admin pressure involved in that cycle. The forum was responding to the rules, not vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would be wrong about this
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Teetster,

I'm pretty sure you can figure out a way to be entertaining without using racial epithets. I assure you it's possible.

No lexicon will be produced, at least not by me. I think though that people can figure out when they are using a racist term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never really used racist terms, but I'm not very funny either. I doubt I will ever be the cause of a problem in that regard.

Still, the point of my post was, its hard to follow rules when you don't know what they are. You said:

"...people can figure out when they are using a racist term."

and that is entirely the problem. What's racist to you and me may be entirely different. That is why you need to state what is and is not acceptable in detail, otherwise no one will ever understand or respect the rules. Hell, people will probably just keep messing with you or pushing the unwritten boundaries until real ones are established. This is the internet, some people have nothing better to do.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:46 PM

What is wrong with retarded?
Closed Thread