Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: I Cant lose or the world falls apart

Variance
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM

You put too much value on money. Loosen up a bit. Whats the point of having that extra comma in your account? There really isn't. Just do your thing and whatever happens, happens.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Develop self control. There's no easy answer here.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:21 PM

You know what, for all the people that say this is a bad thing, it can be a bad thing, and it is at the moment, because you go on tilt, but it doesn't have to be. Some of the greatest competitors in the world had and have an absoulte loathing for losing. It's what drove them to become great, and it's an intangible quality that a lot of people don't have. Does it make you little bit crazy? Yes. But it's something that you should be able to control when it comes to behavior that is detrimental to the overall goal. If you tilt, this thing will destroy you. If you learn to not tilt, it may help you become one hell of a player. You may just never have to worry about motivation, or becoming lazy. Your head in is every game and that's something to build on. This is your personality, take it for what it is and don't suppress it.. If you learn to control your weaknesses you have some real strengths to take advantage of.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing poker seriously starting mid june playing freerolls, then 10nl

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not called serious lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to serious if you ask me.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:10 PM

It also shows, though, that it isn't really about the money. Many people take sports, music, or other forms of recreation seriously without money even being involved. It seems to me that this is more a competitive drive than anything else. The problem that OP seems to have is that he needs to develop discipline.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 PM

Your focus is on wrong factors. The primary factors are making the most money per month, and that's never the case if one drives after higher win rates. One should just aim to make the most money and aim to double one's bankroll so one can move up a step again. Those are the aims.

Winning and losing are of secondary importance as one can always move up and down according to how one is doing, and the primary aims are keeping one's focus on something else, e.g. I want to get the hands in, and after that I am sure I have more money than if I would care about my win rate too much.

If I get beaten, that's great; I really love it when I get in the ring and get beaten, I just love it as it feels so good. That means I am a man and not a chicken. It's a great moment of celebration.

The only good side of your insanity is that it's harder to beat you. But one has to look at the complete picture that's about making money, moving up, being a man.