Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Cbet basic question

People cut down their c-bet frequencies drastically if it' not HU, so I wouldn't raise in that particular situation on that board. Other than that, the guys who 8-table and c-bet everything, ya i'd say it's profitable to raise c-bets depending on texture/any betting size patterns you can pick up.. also knowing their range PF would help.. if a TAG raises UTG and c-bets, I'm way more likely to give up compared to if he makes a CO/Button raise, which should be on a way wider range.

But I'd think floating against people who won't double barrel often is probably cheaper than bluff-raising since you can save money when he does bet the turn and bet if checked to.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People cut down their c-bet frequencies drastically if it' not HU,

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but really isn't this an auto cbet against 2 opponents 100% on this board? I'm pretty sure thats +EV from my experience
Old 08-18-2007, 06:58 PM

This would not be a good board to bluff raise on against anybody decent, you're just asking to be 3 bet bluffed or called down really lightly.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 PM

It's ok if he's the sort of TAG that thinks "oh noes, he raised, i must fold", which accounts for like 90% of TAGs, so yeah, its +EV. For those that 1) can read hands and 2) have the balls to do something about it..its not too good.

But even if they know you don't have a good hand often, OOP, its still very hard for teh TAG to play back. Most are scared to 3bet bluff the flop and teh ones that are good hand readers will realise that if they 3bet this flop, their entire range pretty much is a bluff and this is the sort of thing they car about...so i think a raise here is fine
Old 08-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Floating is way better on this type of board against a competent player. Raising isn't really believable here. So competent TAGs pick this off basically every time here if the SB folds(which he will often especially to the raise).

Like others have said, raising doesn't represent anything except a bluff.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM

dont you think that floating gives off the impression that you have a high-mid PP which could invite a double barrel on the turn
Old 08-18-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People cut down their c-bet frequencies drastically if it' not HU,

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but really isn't this an auto cbet against 2 opponents 100% on this board? I'm pretty sure thats +EV from my experience

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on the opponents.. I know donks have a propensity to play any ace, so I may check/fold.. also depending on our hand strength, If I was on a complete bluff with some suited connector or something that missed, I guess taking a stab is the only way I will win the pot.. do we c-bet with 10's through Kings here or does that just turn our hand into a bluff? With those types of hands if flop gets checked through, someone can make a second best hand on the turn or bluff the turn and we can get some value for our hand.. So I guess it depends on my hand/type of opponents/flop texture for c-betting multi-way.. I we check an ace sometimes too for balance, this is not exploitable right?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM

I think it's good to float on since I don' think I'm nearly ever raising with an ace here against a TAG.. I'd raise a good ace against a donk for value trying to stack him, but against a competent player I'd almost always call with an ace.. so i'd be taking the same line with a float if I did/didn't have an ace.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:18 PM

and then betting the turn if checked to? isnt that then risking more to win the pot (assuming you missed the flop), although granted the check gives you more information.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:24 PM

who cares if your not repping anything. if villian doesnt have anything either you win the pot. and if he's going to be 3bet bluffing on a A22, K44 etc. flops, just start raising ATs type hands and plan to get allin.