Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Cbet basic question

does it matter? he can't call without the A (especially 3 way) and most times he and the SB fish wont have it - is my thinking
Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are you raising on this such flop though (A22)? there arent many 2s in your range and i doubt you'll raise stuff like ATs and the like. (not just you thac just in general).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I said not this flop in general because what are you repping? A2s? No way do I raise a cbet here ever.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:12 PM

ok I guess you are repping some A suited hand, say ATs. I mean you watch any of the cardrunner vids and they all say how much they love paired board for a C-bet. its an auto raise for a pre flop raiser, so I've taken to reraising obv cbet boards (some of the time), but I dont know whether its profitable or not.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:14 PM

But why would you raise an Ax hand here in a wa/wb situation? I don't raise an ace here ever.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But why would you raise an Ax hand here in a wa/wb situation? I don't raise an ace here ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

me either but i think its more of a "I have a pp and im taking down the pot right now with the best hand" type of raise... no?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM

Once again, your raise doesn't make sense, simply because its +EV to play ATs wa/wb vs a tag. You get more value from hands you crush, you minimize your losses against hands that have you crushed. Therefore, a normal tag would not raise ATs on A22.

I think whether or not villain cbettor understands this fact is the dependent variable here.

edit: thac you are too quick :x
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me either but i think its more of a "I have a pp and im taking down the pot right now with the best hand" type of raise... no?

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you don't raise an ace here ever, and then you raise here, you either have A2s, 32s or a bluff.. right?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:24 PM

You rep absolutely zero hand combos on this flop. It sticks out like a sore thumb and you can get burned in two ways

1) SB calls with any ace because he's a donk and he'll do that
2) The cbettor is a competent hand reader and realizes you're FOS.

I don't like it at all on this board. It's a good idea that I do pretty often in HU pots and different textured boards, but in the specific example it sucks balls.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you don't raise an ace here ever, and then you raise here, you either have A2s, 32s or a bluff.. right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is the way I play I would raise an ace here 30% of the time since I want to isolate the calling donk. What you represent here is a weak ace or a pp that you want to win the pot right here.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:37 PM

but the CO raiser has 22--kk, 78s+ K8s+,KTo+ and given that a most dont raise Ax, say ATo+ and lots of suited Aces. so maybe 70% of his range doesn't include an Ace - can he really call a reraise with a third player in even if he thinks you might be FOS? I'm sure my reasoning is flawed, but right now I dont get why (assuming that the majority of the time, the SB fish has non A a LOT.) Same goes for Kxx flops and maybe Q.