Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Another blind battle vs a Tag

Villain is same tag from "do u peel here" post (not that it helps lol!)

Good or stupid?

$5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>...

Also looking back at this hand who likes capping PF?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Another blind battle vs a Tag

i'm indifferent to capping pf. personally i don't but i think a lot of good players do.

i think you should raise the turn at least 90% of the time because (a) he'll be more inclined to suspect a bluff and call down (b) it's not even clear that you have a profitable raise on the river once he bets - against some players you do and some you don't.

if he's a regular and you are trying to play a well balanced game against him this play is probably occasionally correct, provided you sometimes just call down and sometimes raise as a bluff. but all of these lines should be rare exceptions rather than the rule imo.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 PM

yeah agreed, I think on that particular turn they'll call BS on ya &amp; call down.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM

I would raise on the flop or the turn this hand, If he is TAG I would raise on the flop to try and get a read on if he has AK, AQ or a big pair so you know where your at. If he is LAG he is gonna be 3 betting tons of hands from the SB so on that flop you are usually way ahead and should try to wait for the turn to get more value with your raise (also discuising your ace).
Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah agreed, I think on that particular turn they'll call BS on ya &amp; call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see what kind of BS you can have with that turn card. A flop raise looks more FOS and will get many more calldowns from underpairs.

rzk, I think a river raise is profitable. Vs a standard 3 betting range, you get paid by A7,A6s,A9,AT,A5s, chop with AJ and lose to AQ and AK.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 AM

hmm ok