Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: This time last year....

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, i am totally amazed at how many people sucked at poker/life a year ago. When i started posting regularly here roughly a year ago i thought everyone was CRUSHING it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I'd cashed out $25k in eight months, just won $2.5k in my first million and won $3k in another MTT after switching from euro sites to Stars. I didn't realise that I was one of the biggest winners on this site because I always got the impression that everyone thought I sucked at poker from my posts - my winning theorum essentially being don't ever fold any made hand online.

All the profits are spent, and I'm more or less busto now and am taking an extended break from playing because bubbling four MTTs and a sat for the WCOOP on Friday just made me really, really sad.

I did win a medal in the meantime and am officially North Americam Amatuer Online Poker Champion so it's not all bad. And I still beat live cash games fairly hard.

The moral of the story is - select your games carefully and keep your bankroll on Ladbrokes and Crypto, rather than being seduced by Stars funky avatars.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:59 AM

ive gotten worse at poker, thank god for staking
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

I closed on my new home Sept 12th 06, so that was good and my old house closed 9/16/06, so for 4 days, I had 600K worth of mortgages hanging over my head. Bankroll was at like 30K, cashed out, had a few good scores, ran bad, bankroll still around 30K cause I like buying toys like TVs and a new truck for me and the wife. Last year, was engaged, now married. Last year playing 6 max, this year, staying the hell away from 6 max and playing FR and heads up.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM

this time last year i was about to turn a $5 sub-satellite into a $52,500 donkament win...

unfortunately, i still suck at poker.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Then: I was just starting college. I was in a world-ranked top tier WoW Guild; probably one of the best players of my class in the world in high-end gaming. But when college started my internet connection went to hell. I took a break from gaming (In January I would play poker online to pass the time. Bankroll management reminded/reminds me of RPG leveling and I'm addicted to progression and winning). Was single.

Now: Turned 50 dollars into 1300. Grinding with great profit which covers to cost of my relationship (My cash outs pay for big dinners, movies, gifts, etc.).

Next year I want to playing in the WCOOP within my roll or staked.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM

last year: I was a losing player on PARTYPOKER (i think it was still open?)

now: I turned a $100 deposit into a little over $18k on pokerstars, i follow the 100 buyin rule and drop down when i hit 80 buyins, i don't see myself ever going broke now since I can crush all the smaller limits. just hoping to continute my somewhat success.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Last year, I started out mopping floors just like you guys. But now? See, I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries. And then the grill. Two years... I make assistant manager. And that's when the BIG bucks start rolling in!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year, I started out mopping floors just like you guys. But now? See, I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries. And then the grill. Two years... I make assistant manager. And that's when the BIG bucks start rolling in!

[/ QUOTE ]

i should probably sigh, but lol.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:14 PM

This time last year i was bonus whoring and had about 1k to my name (if that). Now i have a 60k+ roll and see cash games as my main income compared to mtts/sngs (tho i do find mtts to often be more enjoyable to play, especially live)
Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm a nit so not much has changed.