Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm limps under the gun for 100,000, David Tran limps from middle position, Ray Henson raises from the button to 400,000, Hilm calls, and Tran folds. (The {9-Clubs} was accidentally exposed by one of the players who folded.)

The flop comes {K-Clubs}{10-Clubs}{5-Clubs}, and both players check. The turn card is the {5-Spades}, and both players check. The river card is the {6-Diamonds}, Hilm bets 700,000, and Henson calls. Hilm shows {7-Clubs}{3-Clubs} for a club flush, and Henson mucks. Philip Hilm wins the pot.

Limp calling utg with 73s? Obv pyschic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, these guys beat me to it. was just going to say that it's really just incomplete to say "all-in pre-flop with TT for 50BB".

here was the action:

Scott Freeman raised 325,000 from the small blind. John Armbrust raised to 1,000,000. Freeman shoved all in for 5,000,000. Armbrust called.

this could easily be a steal / re-steal situation, Freeman sees a lot of chips in the pot, and knows that he'll only get called by a very small range of hands, and he is in big trouble against even less hands. the play here really isn't that bad.

it's much more complicated than "all-in pre flop w/ TT for 50bb"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a PLO cash player and only play NLHE in online tourneys, so I don't usually get a chance to put 50BB in pre-flop. So, a question to the NLHE regulars who play 50BB+ regularly ... Is the AKo call, putting in about 40BB to win 100BB or 1.5 to 1, standard?

Test run: it's neutral cEV vs AA-TT,AK.

Not sure about the effect of the escalating prize pool on $EV though.

[/ QUOTE ]

His pushing range must be wider than AA-TT/AK. And yeah it is incredibly standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed... freeman (well-known online player SCTrojans) has a much wider 4-bet range in a blind vs. blind situation than TT-AA and AK, especially since he knew the big blind is another aggressive online player...

[ QUOTE ]
lol are you serious about that range? His pushing range must be wider than AA-TT/AK. And yeah it is incredibly standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just starting with the obvious minimum, since I had to include TT. Also, it doesn't drop much as you add more pocket pairs, so I left it there. And, it's a 4-bet push so ranges can't be all that loose, even if it is BvB.

The big question is whether or not cEV deviates from $EV at this stage of the Main Event.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Philip Hilm vs. Ray Henson

Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm limps under the gun for 100,000, David Tran limps from middle position, Ray Henson raises from the button to 400,000, Hilm calls, and Tran folds. (The {9-Clubs} was accidentally exposed by one of the players who folded.)

The flop comes {K-Clubs}{10-Clubs}{5-Clubs}, and both players check. The turn card is the {5-Spades}, and both players check. The river card is the {6-Diamonds}, Hilm bets 700,000, and Henson calls. Hilm shows {7-Clubs}{3-Clubs} for a club flush, and Henson mucks. Philip Hilm wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.. my.. god.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hachem spent much of the final 3 tables low stack didn't he? Certainly most of the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem was short stacked fairly long into the final table (maybe 5-handed?).

I think Varkonyi (everybody's favorite) was the smallest stack at the nine-handed table in 2002 after he lost a big pot early.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just remember listening to the live feed and rooting for Hachem (just randomly picked a player to pull for) and I remember thinking he was hardly involved in anything up until about that 5 handed point you mentioned. Then he beat Kanter with Q7 v 99 or something. From there he went up a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of god if you don't understand why it is rediculously standard for TT to get all in against AK in a bvb confrontation then please stop posting strategy commentary.

Dynasy, I am looking in your direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, the poker strategy talk in this thread makes my [censored] head asplode.

[ QUOTE ]

Limp calling utg with 73s? Obv pyschic

[/ QUOTE ]

He was going for the aggressive limp call I believe.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM

Where is the best place to get updates? TIA.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed... freeman (well-known online player SCTrojans) has a much wider 4-bet range in a blind vs. blind situation than TT-AA and AK, especially since he knew the big blind is another aggressive online player...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if this is firmly established it clears things up a bit. I've never heard of Armburst before and had no reason to believe he knew who Speedman was.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the best place to get updates? TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best how?

Pokernews.com is probably the best.