Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:20 AM

Default General: The State of Games on FTP, UB, Stars

I play mostly on UB and Full Tilt because I can't seem to keep a bankroll on stars.

I am a about a 7bb/100 long term winner on both other sites but I go busto on Stars like its my job.

What do you guys think of the play on these three sites in comparison? Right now that is... the omaha scene seems to run hot for awhile.. then go dry... repeat repeat.

I feel like the play on stars is really good at 5/10 and 10/20 levels. But maybe I am just putting it on a pedastal since I always lose there hah.

Full Tilt has alot of players that aren't crazy, but just aren't technically solid I think.

UB is realllly cyclical.. but it has some of the most insane 10/25 games sometimes... I remember the 3/6 games playing pretty wild sometimes too. I feel like alot of players there are really suceptible to a laggy style whereas on Full Tilt a more straightforward approach works.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: General: The State of Games on FTP, UB, Stars

As long as this thread isn't limited to the nosebleed stakes, I'll add my thoughts on the variations of 25PLO around the sites.

Party- FR full of splashy fish.
IPoker- a lot of nut peddling on the FR, SH tables a lot of action.
Stars- A ton of regulars with the odd HE player.Tighter than Party, but still plenty of action...especially SH.
OnGame- FR games are nitty, with a ton of slowplaying fish that min raise/bet everything. SH games are 5 handed and very splashy/ profitable.
Absolute- similar play to Party except it's all SH, whereas Party is all FR.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 AM

UB: by far the hardest PLO games of any site at any limits until you get to 10/25 as OP mentioned. There, for some reason, the games truly do get insane and very soft.
Full Tilt: not really sure what to think... The lower limit games seem to be generally too loose passive but I haven't played there in a while. As for higher stakes, having donkeys like Gus around can never hurt... Oh to be properly rolled for the 200/400 game on FT..
Stars: 1/2 and 2/4 are incredibly weak. (I ran 60 ptBB/100 over 3k hands at 1/2 while running up my roll) 5/10 and 10/20 are fairly solid with consistent winners like Rsa playing every table of 10/20. 25/50 plays extremely loose with good players that tend to not make the necessary adjustments from HU to 6max play..
Old 10-07-2007, 08:30 AM

quite like the idea of this thread, fwiw......

FT - i find these games soft, but you do get a few peddly regs on there and its not fun being stuck on a table with 4-5 of them

Ongame - i hated. peddly full ring games and crappy software

Crypto - i play a fair bit here, ok software but lots of bonus whoreing nitty regs

prima - the $1/2 game was crazy around this time last year, although i havent really played there since. one of the skins offers a $1000 sign up bonus, but you have to play min $1/2. my first week playing there i ran +15 bins and i was a complete nut peddly nitty Omaha noob. i nned to shift some money over there and take another look sometime soon
Old 10-07-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars: 1/2 and 2/4 are incredibly weak. (I ran 60 ptBB/100 over 3k hands at 1/2 while running up my roll) 5/10 and 10/20 are fairly solid with consistent winners like Rsa playing every table of 10/20. 25/50 plays extremely loose with good players that tend to not make the necessary adjustments from HU to 6max play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda surprised to hear you say this. I've found the 1/2 and 2/4 on Stars to be filled with a ton of nitty regs that while not necessarily good will play tight enough that you end up getting eaten up by rake while making a slight profit when the fish show up.

When I've played 3/6 and 5/10 there though, I see a ton of 80/5 types that could care less about learning to play the game properly. Maybe that's just because I'm indiscriminate with my table selection at lower stakes and only play the higher games when there are big-time fish making them juicy though.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stars: 1/2 and 2/4 are incredibly weak. (I ran 60 ptBB/100 over 3k hands at 1/2 while running up my roll) 5/10 and 10/20 are fairly solid with consistent winners like Rsa playing every table of 10/20. 25/50 plays extremely loose with good players that tend to not make the necessary adjustments from HU to 6max play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda surprised to hear you say this. I've found the 1/2 and 2/4 on Stars to be filled with a ton of nitty regs that while not necessarily good will play tight enough that you end up getting eaten up by rake while making a slight profit when the fish show up.

When I've played 3/6 and 5/10 there though, I see a ton of 80/5 types that could care less about learning to play the game properly. Maybe that's just because I'm indiscriminate with my table selection at lower stakes and only play the higher games when there are big-time fish making them juicy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honest Iggy, it's probably because you're not as good as you think you are. If you really think 1/2 at Stars is like that then you have problems.
I made $14,000 from 1/2 at Stars last month, the last thing those games are is nitty.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:08 PM

I'm still a winner at 1/2 on Stars, I just have a smaller winrate there than I'd like and a smaller winrate than I do at other levels. I probably just need to table select better and concentrate a little more though.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:08 PM

as far as stars/ftp

for 10/20 i would say ftp is better, lots of random donks you never see again.

for 25/50 i would say stars is better, lots of regular donators

also ub generally has some huge fish when the 25/50 games run.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still a winner at 1/2 on Stars, I just have a smaller winrate there than I'd like and a smaller winrate than I do at other levels. I probably just need to table select better and concentrate a little more though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My honest opinion:
You are too aggressive at the wrong times.
You shove flush draws when you have position heads up.
You bluff too much and 3 bet in games where opponents wont even raise preflop without AA or KK.

You tilt because of your high variance style of play and this is when you spew. You need to solely stop tilting and to do this you should change your style.

It's no good playing at a +5bb/h style if you then follow it up with a -20 bb/h spew. Much you better you slow down and play at a +3bb/h .

I've saw you last month playing one table of 10/20, a 5/10 table and three 3/6 tables after taking a few beats at 2/4.

Get that out of your game and you wont have spent the next 2 weeks at .25/.50 and .50/1 .
Stars is REALLY easy to win at. You only do badly when you lose your first two buyins and it hurts your winrate.

I'm sure you're up lifetime at 1/2 because when you tilt, you move up.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 PM

I think it actually works the other way with me. If I tilt at my regular levels, I start 3-betting a lot PF and playing more aggro, trying to build big pots, whereas if I move up on tilt, I tend to focus again and start playing better. I've only got ~2500 hands at 3/6 and above, but when I do play there, I'm averaging 20 PTBB/100.

I really don't think I play quite as aggressive in my normal game as you think I do though. I'll raise a lead with a strong draw, but I almost never 3-bet without a made hand, and I don't shove naked flush draws either.

I do tilt more than I should, but I don't really think my style of play is the root cause. My biggest problem is that I don't pay enough attention when I play and then when I start making mistakes by not noticing things like how many players are in the hand, that tends to set me off and make me tilt to try to get some back. Also, 2 BI is nowhere near enough to tilt me, it usually takes 5 or 10 before it starts to affect my game.