Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 07:09 PM

Default did i overdo this resteal ITM here?

bodog 5k. 18 left, bubble just burst. i have ~6k, avg is ~ 14k. im working on playing alot of low/mid buyin tourneys this month, while trying to improve my aggression when i get a biggish stack before the bubble. im also testing out a game theoretic push/fold system for the endgame that im developing into a book (due this summer). i had that biggish stack with 50 left, and lost everything i tried... now im massaging my shorty. blinds are 600-1200, with 100 ante:

im in BB with 75o. folds around to button who open limps. sb thinks for a bit and completes. my model says to autopush any two cards likely to be live here. intuitively, is this overly aggressive? or is "push anything likely to be live" the abc aggro play here?

thanks,
peter chabot
Old 02-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: did i overdo this resteal ITM here?

I think button calls you a ton here, but with the amount in the pot it doesn't really matter. And also the "two cards likely to be live" is a notion that makes no sense. Is K5 or A5 more likely to be dominated than 75 if called? Yes, but they're also more likely to be the best hand AND if the button turns over QQ you're going to be damn happy you had K5 rather than 75.

Pushing here's fine, but if the table was playing pretty tight I might check my option and wait to just steal in the next hand or 2.